Predicting the volatility of the S&P-500 stock index via GARCH models: the role of asymmetries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Kiho Jeong, 2010. "Forecasting volatility with support vector machine-based GARCH model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 406-433.
- Visser, Marcel P., 2008. "Forecasting S&P 500 Daily Volatility using a Proxy for Downward Price Pressure," MPRA Paper 11100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Şener, Emrah & Baronyan, Sayad & Ali Mengütürk, Levent, 2012. "Ranking the predictive performances of value-at-risk estimation methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 849-873.
- María José Rodríguez & Esther Ruiz, 2009.
"GARCH models with leverage effect : differences and similarities,"
Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers
ws090302, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Rodríguez, Mª José & Ruiz, Esther, . "GARCH models with leverage effect : differences and similarities," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/3474, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Christian Conrad & Menelaos Karanasos & Ning Zeng, 2008.
"Multivariate Fractionally Integrated APARCH Modeling of Stock Market Volatility: A multi-country study,"
0472, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning, 2011. "Multivariate fractionally integrated APARCH modeling of stock market volatility: A multi-country study," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Jui-Cheng Hung & Ren-Xi Ni & Matthew C. Chang, 2009. "The Information Contents of VIX Index and Range-based Volatility on Volatility Forecasting Performance of S&P 500," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2592-2604.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Hyde, Stuart & McMillan, David & Ono, Sadayuki, 2009.
"Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: When and where is it exploitable?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 373-399.
- Massimo Guidolin & Stuart Hyde & David McMillan & Sadayuki Ono, 2009. "Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: when and where is it exploitable?," Working Papers 2008-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Almeida, R.J. & Basturk, N. & Kaymak, U. & Costa Sousa, J.M. da, 2013. "Estimation of flexible fuzzy GARCH models for conditional density estimation," Research Paper ERS-2013-13-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- David E. Rapach & Jack K. Strauss, 2008. "Structural breaks and GARCH models of exchange rate volatility," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 65-90.
- Agnolucci, Paolo, 2009. "Volatility in crude oil futures: A comparison of the predictive ability of GARCH and implied volatility models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 316-321, March.
- Afees A. Salisu & Ismail O. Fasanya, 2012. "Comparative Performance of Volatility Models for Oil Price," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 167-183.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Chiang, Min-Hsien & Huang, Hsin-Yi, 2011. "Stock market momentum, business conditions, and GARCH option pricing models," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 488-505, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.