Predicting the volatility of the S&P-500 stock index via GARCH models: the role of asymmetries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning, 2011.
"Multivariate fractionally integrated APARCH modeling of stock market volatility: A multi-country study,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Christian Conrad & Menelaos Karanasos & Ning Zeng, 2008. "Multivariate Fractionally Integrated APARCH Modeling of Stock Market Volatility: A multi-country study," Working Papers 0472, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Chiang, Min-Hsien & Huang, Hsin-Yi, 2011. "Stock market momentum, business conditions, and GARCH option pricing models," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 488-505, June.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Hyde, Stuart & McMillan, David & Ono, Sadayuki, 2009.
"Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: When and where is it exploitable?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 373-399.
- Massimo Guidolin & Stuart Hyde & David McMillan & Sadayuki Ono, 2009. "Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: when and where is it exploitable?," Working Papers 2008-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Christophe Chorro & Dominique Guegan & Florian Ielpo & Hanjarivo Lalaharison, 2014. "Testing for Leverage Effect in Financial Returns," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14022, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Almeida e Santos Nogueira, R.J. & Basturk, N. & Kaymak, U. & Costa Sousa, J.M., 2013. "Estimation of flexible fuzzy GARCH models for conditional density estimation," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2013-013-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Agnolucci, Paolo, 2009. "Volatility in crude oil futures: A comparison of the predictive ability of GARCH and implied volatility models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 316-321, March.
- Visser, Marcel P., 2008. "Forecasting S&P 500 Daily Volatility using a Proxy for Downward Price Pressure," MPRA Paper 11100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Şener, Emrah & Baronyan, Sayad & Ali Mengütürk, Levent, 2012. "Ranking the predictive performances of value-at-risk estimation methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 849-873.
- María José Rodríguez & Esther Ruiz, 2009. "GARCH models with leverage effect : differences and similarities," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws090302, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Afees A. Salisu & Ismail O. Fasanya, 2012. "Comparative Performance of Volatility Models for Oil Price," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 167-183.
- Jui-Cheng Hung & Ren-Xi Ni & Matthew C. Chang, 2009. "The Information Contents of VIX Index and Range-based Volatility on Volatility Forecasting Performance of S&P 500," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2592-2604.
- Alexander, Carol & Lazar, Emese & Stanescu, Silvia, 2013. "Forecasting VaR using analytic higher moments for GARCH processes," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 36-45.
- David E. Rapach & Jack K. Strauss, 2008. "Structural breaks and GARCH models of exchange rate volatility," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 65-90.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Christophe Chorro & Dominique Guegan & Florian Ielpo & Hanjarivo Lalaharison, 2014. "Testing for Leverage Effect in Financial Returns," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00973922, HAL.
- Ben Ameur, H. & Prigent, J.L., 2014. "Portfolio insurance: Gap risk under conditional multiples," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 238-253.
- Mircea ASANDULUI, 2012. "A Multi-Horizon Comparison Of Volatility Forecasts: An Application To Stock Options Traded At Euronext Exchange Amsterdam," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 10, pages 179-190, December.
- Mircea ASANDULUI, 2012. "On forecasting stock options volatility: evidence from London international financial futures and options exchange," Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara, Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara, vol. 0, pages 505-511, May.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Kiho Jeong, 2010. "Forecasting volatility with support vector machine-based GARCH model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 406-433.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.