Predicting the volatility of the S&P-500 stock index via GARCH models: the role of asymmetries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- María José Rodríguez & Esther Ruiz, 2009. "GARCH models with leverage effect : differences and similarities," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws090302, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Chiang, Min-Hsien & Huang, Hsin-Yi, 2011. "Stock market momentum, business conditions, and GARCH option pricing models," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 488-505, June.
- Şener, Emrah & Baronyan, Sayad & Ali Mengütürk, Levent, 2012. "Ranking the predictive performances of value-at-risk estimation methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 849-873.
- Visser, Marcel P., 2008. "Forecasting S&P 500 Daily Volatility using a Proxy for Downward Price Pressure," MPRA Paper 11100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jui-Cheng Hung & Ren-Xi Ni & Matthew C. Chang, 2009. "The Information Contents of VIX Index and Range-based Volatility on Volatility Forecasting Performance of S&P 500," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2592-2604.
- Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning, 2011.
"Multivariate fractionally integrated APARCH modeling of stock market volatility: A multi-country study,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Christian Conrad & Menelaos Karanasos & Ning Zeng, 2008. "Multivariate Fractionally Integrated APARCH Modeling of Stock Market Volatility: A multi-country study," Working Papers 0472, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Almeida, R.J. & Basturk, N. & Kaymak, U. & Costa Sousa, J.M., 2013. "Estimation of flexible fuzzy GARCH models for conditional density estimation," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2013-013-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Agnolucci, Paolo, 2009. "Volatility in crude oil futures: A comparison of the predictive ability of GARCH and implied volatility models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 316-321, March.
- David E. Rapach & Jack K. Strauss, 2008. "Structural breaks and GARCH models of exchange rate volatility," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(1), pages 65-90.
- Massimo Guidolin & Stuart Hyde & David McMillan & Sadayuki Ono, 2009.
"Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: when and where is it exploitable?,"
2008-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Guidolin, Massimo & Hyde, Stuart & McMillan, David & Ono, Sadayuki, 2009. "Non-linear predictability in stock and bond returns: When and where is it exploitable?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 373-399.
- Shiyi Chen & Wolfgang K. Härdle & Kiho Jeong, 2010. "Forecasting volatility with support vector machine-based GARCH model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 406-433.
- Afees A. Salisu & Ismail O. Fasanya, 2012. "Comparative Performance of Volatility Models for Oil Price," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 167-183.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.