Forecasting autoregressive time series with bias-corrected parameter estimators
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter C. Schotman & Herman K. van Dijk, 1991.
"On Bayesian routes to unit roots,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
43, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Exactly Median-Unbiased Estimation of First Order Autoregressive/Unit Root Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 139-65, January.
- Orcutt, Guy H & Winokur, Herbert S, Jr, 1969. "First Order Autoregression: Inference, Estimation, and Prediction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Maekawa, Koichi, 1987. "Finite Sample Properties of Several Predictors From an Autoregressive Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 359-370, June.
- Nankervis, J. C. & Savin, N. E., 1988. "The exact moments of the least-squares estimator for the autoregressive model corrections and extensions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 381-388, March.
- Jeremy Berkowitz & Lutz Kilian, 1996.
"Recent developments in bootstrapping time series,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
96-45, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2000.
"Bootstrapping Autoregressive Processes with Possible Unit Roots,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0401, Econometric Society.
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2002. "Bootstrapping Autoregressive Processes with Possible Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 377-391, January.
- Lutz Kilian, 1998. "Small-Sample Confidence Intervals For Impulse Response Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 218-230, May.
- Sawa, Takamitsu, 1978. "The exact moments of the least squares estimator for the autoregressive model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 159-172, October.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Durmaz, Nazif, 2009.
"Bias Correction and Out-of-Sample Forecast Accuracy,"
16780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Hyeongwoo & Durmaz, Nazif, 2012. "Bias correction and out-of-sample forecast accuracy," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 575-586.
- Hyeongwoo Kim & Nazif Durmaz, 2010. "Bias Correction and Out-of-Sample Forecast Accuracy," Auburn Economics Working Paper Series auwp2010-02, Department of Economics, Auburn University.
- K. D. Patterson, 2007. "Bias Reduction through First-order Mean Correction, Bootstrapping and Recursive Mean Adjustment," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 23-45.
- Hendrik Kaufmannz & Robinson Kruse, 2013. "Bias-corrected estimation in potentially mildly explosive autoregressive models," CREATES Research Papers 2013-10, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Kim, Jae H. & Wong, Kevin & Athanasopoulos, George & Liu, Shen, 2011.
"Beyond point forecasting: Evaluation of alternative prediction intervals for tourist arrivals,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 887-901, July.
- Kim, Jae H. & Wong, Kevin & Athanasopoulos, George & Liu, Shen, 2011. "Beyond point forecasting: Evaluation of alternative prediction intervals for tourist arrivals," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 887-901.
- Jae H. Kim & Haiyang Song & Kevin Wong & George Athanasopoulos & Shen Liu, 2008. "Beyond point forecasting: evaluation of alternative prediction intervals for tourist arrivals," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/08, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, revised Oct 2009.
- De Gooijer, Jan G. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2006. "25 years of time series forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 443-473.
- Jonas Andersson, 2006. "Searching for the DGP when forecasting - Is it always meaningful for small samples?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(28), pages 1-9.
- Jan G. de Gooijer & Rob J. Hyndman, 2005. "25 Years of IIF Time Series Forecasting: A Selective Review," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-068/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2013. "Unemployment Rate Hysteresis and the Great Recession: Exploring the Metropolitan Evidence," Working papers 2013-19, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Tom Engsted & Thomas Q. Pedersen, 2014.
"Bias-Correction in Vector Autoregressive Models: A Simulation Study,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 45-71, March.
- Tom Engsted & Thomas Q. Pedersen, 2011. "Bias-correction in vector autoregressive models: A simulation study," CREATES Research Papers 2011-18, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2006:i:28:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Falk, Barry & Roy, Anindya, 2005. "Forecasting using the trend model with autoregressive errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 291-302.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.