A survey of credit and behavioural scoring: forecasting financial risk of lending to consumers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Forecasting.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leonard, Kevin J., 1993. "Empirical Bayes analysis of the commercial loan evaluation process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 289-296, November.
- Harold Bierman, Jr. & Warren H. Hausman, 1970. "The Credit Granting Decision," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(8), pages B519-B532, April.
- Jos A. M. van Kuelen & Jaap Spronk & A. Wayne Corcoran, 1981. "Note---On the Cyert-Davidson-Thompson Doubtful Accounts Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 108-112, January.
- Eisenbeis, Robert A, 1977. "Pitfalls in the Application of Discriminant Analysis in Business, Finance, and Economics," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 875-900, June.
- Desai, Vijay S. & Crook, Jonathan N. & Overstreet, George A., 1996. "A comparison of neural networks and linear scoring models in the credit union environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 24-37, November.
- Dileep Mehta, 1968. "The Formulation of Credit Policy Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(2), pages B30-B50, October.
- William E. Hardy & John L. Adrian, 1985. "A linear programming alternative to discriminant analysis in credit scoring," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(4), pages 285-292.
- Houshmand A. Ziari & David J. Leatham & Paul N. Ellinger, 1997. "Development of Statistical Discriminant Mathematical Programming Model Via Resampling Estimation Techniques," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1352-1362.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis, 1978.
"Problems in applying discriminant analysis in credit scoring models,"
94, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Eisenbeis, Robert A., 1978. "Problems in applying discriminant analysis in credit scoring models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 205-219, October.
- R. M. Cyert & H. J. Davidson & G. L. Thompson, 1962. "Estimation of the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts by Markov Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 287-303, April.
- Reichert, Alan K & Cho, Chien-Ching & Wagner, George M, 1983. "An Examination of the Conceptual Issues Involved in Developing Credit-scoring Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 1(2), pages 101-14, April.
- D. J. Hand & W. E. Henley, 1997. "Statistical Classification Methods in Consumer Credit Scoring: a Review," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 160(3), pages 523-541.
- Srinivasan, Venkat & Kim, Yong H, 1987. " Credit Granting: A Comparative Analysis of Classification Procedures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 665-81, July.
- Peter Kolesar & Janet L. Showers, 1985. "A Robust Credit Screening Model Using Categorical Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 123-133, February.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Altman, Edward I. & Marco, Giancarlo & Varetto, Franco, 1994. "Corporate distress diagnosis: Comparisons using linear discriminant analysis and neural networks (the Italian experience)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 505-529, May.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- A. Wayne Corcoran, 1978. "The Use of Exponentially-Smoothed Transition Matrices to Improve Forecasting of Cash Flows from Accounts Receivable," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(7), pages 732-739, March.
- Seifert, Daniel & Seifert, Ralf W. & Protopappa-Sieke, Margarita, 2013. "A review of trade credit literature: Opportunities for research in operations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 245-256.
- So Sohn & Yoon Kim, 2013. "Behavioral credit scoring model for technology-based firms that considers uncertain financial ratios obtained from relationship banking," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 931-943, December.
- Audzeyeva, Alena & Summers, Barbara & Schenk-Hoppé, Klaus Reiner, 2012. "Forecasting customer behaviour in a multi-service financial organisation: A profitability perspective," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 507-518.
- Dennis Glennon & Peter Nigro, 2005. "An Analysis of SBA Loan Defaults by Maturity Structure," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 77-111, October.
- Bücker, Michael & van Kampen, Maarten & Krämer, Walter, 2013. "Reject inference in consumer credit scoring with nonignorable missing data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1040-1045.
- Martin Rezac & Frantisek Rezac, 2011. "How to Measure the Quality of Credit Scoring Models," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 61(5), pages 486-507, November.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Murteira, J.M.R., 2009.
"Estimation of default probabilities using incomplete contracts data,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 457-465, June.
- J. M. R. Murteira & Joao M. C. Santos Silva, 2000. "Estimation of Default Probabilities Using Incomplete Contracts Data," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1121, Econometric Society.
- Bana e Costa C. & Barroso L. & Soares J., 2002. "Qualitative Modelling of Credit Scoring: A Case Study in Banking," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 37-52, January -.
- Liang, Te-Hsin & Lin, Jian-Bang, 2014. "A two-stage segment and prediction model for mortgage prepayment prediction and management," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 328-343.
- Robert Till & David Hand, 2003. "Behavioural models of credit card usage," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(10), pages 1201-1220.
- Caterina Giannetti & Nicola Jentzsch & Giancarlo Spagnolo, 2010.
"Information Sharing and Cross-border Entry in European Banking,"
CEIS Research Paper
178, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 21 Dec 2010.
- Giannetti, Caterina & Jentzsch, Nicola & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2010. "Information Sharing and Cross-Border Entry in European Banking," ECRI Papers 2990, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Caterina Giannetti & Nicola Jentzsch & Giancarlo Spagnolo, 2010. "Information Sharing and Cross-border Entry in European Banking," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 980, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Singh, Shweta & Murthi, B.P.S. & Steffes, Erin, 2013. "Developing a measure of risk adjusted revenue (RAR) in credit cards market: Implications for customer relationship management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(2), pages 425-434.
- Hand, David J., 2009. "Mining the past to determine the future: Problems and possibilities," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 441-451, July.
- Thanh Dinh, Thi Huyen & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2006. "Credit Scoring for Vietnam’s Retail Banking Market: Implementation and Implications for Transactional versus Relationship Lending," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Akkoç, Soner, 2012. "An empirical comparison of conventional techniques, neural networks and the three stage hybrid Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) model for credit scoring analysis: The case of Turkish cred," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 168-178.
- Marshall, Andrew & Tang, Leilei & Milne, Alistair, 2010. "Variable reduction, sample selection bias and bank retail credit scoring," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 501-512, June.
- Pulina, Manuela & Paba, Antonello, 2010. "A discrete choice approach to model credit card fraud," MPRA Paper 20019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.