Optimal non-proportional reinsurance control and stochastic differential games
AbstractWe study stochastic differential games between two insurance companies who employ reinsurance to reduce risk exposure. We consider competition between two companies and construct a single payoff function of two companies' surplus processes. One company chooses a dynamic reinsurance strategy in order to maximize the payoff function while its opponent is simultaneously choosing a dynamic reinsurance strategy so as to minimize the same quantity. We describe the Nash equilibrium of the game and prove a verification theorem for a general payoff function. For the payoff function being the probability that the difference between two surplus reaches an upper bound before it reaches a lower bound, the game is solved explicitly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Non-proportional reinsurance HJB equation Ruin probability Stochastic control Stochastic differential game;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hipp, Christian & Taksar, Michael, 2010. "Optimal non-proportional reinsurance control," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 246-254, October.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Borm, P.E.M., 1996.
"Stochastic Cooperative Games in Insurance and Reinsurance,"
1996-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Suijs, J.P.M. & De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Borm, P.E.M., 1998. "Stochastic cooperative games in insurance and reinsurance," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-77120, Tilburg University.
- Zeng, Xudong, 2010. "Optimal reinsurance with a rescuing procedure," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 397-405, April.
- Xiang Lin & Chunhong Zhang & Tak Siu, 2012. "Stochastic differential portfolio games for an insurer in a jump-diffusion risk process," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 83-100, February.
- Luo, Shangzhen & Taksar, Michael, 2012. "Minimal cost of a Brownian risk without ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 685-693.
- Jin, Zhuo & Yin, G. & Wu, Fuke, 2013. "Optimal reinsurance strategies in regime-switching jump diffusion models: Stochastic differential game formulation and numerical methods," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 733-746.
- Christophe Dutang & Hansjoerg Albrecher & Stéphane Loisel, 2013. "Competition among non-life insurers under solvency constraints: A game-theoretic approach," Post-Print hal-00746245, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.