Finite time ruin problems for the Erlang(2) risk model
AbstractWe consider the Erlang(2) risk model and derive expressions for the density of the time to ruin and the joint density of the time to ruin and the deficit at ruin when the individual claim amount distribution is (i) an exponential distribution and (ii) an Erlang(2) distribution. We also consider the special case when the initial surplus is zero.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Shuanming & Garrido, Jose, 2004. "On ruin for the Erlang(n) risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 391-408, June.
- Borovkov, Konstantin A. & Dickson, David C.M., 2008. "On the ruin time distribution for a Sparre Andersen process with exponential claim sizes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1104-1108, June.
- Mazza, Christian & Rulliere, Didier, 2004. "A link between wave governed random motions and ruin processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 205-222, October.
- Dickson, David C. M. & Hipp, Christian, 2001. "On the time to ruin for Erlang(2) risk processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-344, December.
- Willmot, Gordon E., 2007. "On the discounted penalty function in the renewal risk model with general interclaim times," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 17-31, July.
- Frostig, Esther & Pitts, Susan M. & Politis, Konstadinos, 2012. "The time to ruin and the number of claims until ruin for phase-type claims," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 19-25.
- Dickson, David C.M. & Li, Shuanming, 2013. "The distributions of the time to reach a given level and the duration of negative surplus in the Erlang(2) risk model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 490-497.
- Feng, Runhuan & Volkmer, Hans W., 2012. "Modeling credit value adjustment with downgrade-triggered termination clause using a ruin theoretic approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 409-421.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.