Risk measures with comonotonic subadditivity or convexity and respecting stochastic orders
AbstractThis paper proposes some new classes of risk measures, which are not only comonotonic subadditive or convex, but also respect the (first) stochastic dominance or stop-loss order. We give their representations in terms of Choquet integrals w.r.t. distorted probabilities, and show that if the physical probability is atomless then a comonotonic subadditive (resp. convex) risk measure respecting stop-loss order is in fact a law-invariant coherent (resp. convex) risk measure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Choquet integral (Concave) distortion Risk measure Stochastic orders Coherent;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Touzi, Nizar & Schachermayer, Walter & Jouini, Elyès, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/342, Paris Dauphine University.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Wang, Shaun & Dhaene, Jan, 1998.
"Comonotonicity, correlation order and premium principles,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 235-242, July.
- Wang, S & Dhaene, Jan, 1997. "Commotonicity, correlation order and premium principles," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/118592, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
- Schmeidler, David, 1989.
"Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 571-87, May.
- David Schmeidler, 1989. "Subjective Probability and Expected Utility without Additivity," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7662, David K. Levine.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Wang, Shaun S. & Young, Virginia R. & Panjer, Harry H., 1997. "Axiomatic characterization of insurance prices," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 173-183, November.
- Dhaene, Jan & Wang, Shaun & Young, Virginia & Goovaerts, Marc, 2000. "Comonotonicity and maximal stop-loss premiums," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/200165, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Goovaerts, Marc & Linders, Daniël & Van Weert, Koen & Tank, Fatih, 2012.
"On the interplay between distortion, mean value and Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 10-18.
- Goovaerts, Marc & Linders, Daniël & Van Weert, Koen & Tank, Fatih, 2012. "On the interplay between distortion-, mean value- and Haezendonck-Goovaerts risk measures," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/352122, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Xuedong He, 2011. "Loss-Based Risk Measures," Working Papers hal-00629929, HAL.
- Jaume Belles-Sampera & Montserrat Guillén & Miguel Santolino, 2013. "“Beyond Value-at-Risk: GlueVaR Distortion Risk Measures”," IREA Working Papers 201302, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2013.
- Miryana Grigorova, 2011. "Stochastic dominance with respect to a capacity and risk measures," Working Papers hal-00639667, HAL.
- Rama Cont & Romain Deguest & Xuedong He, 2011. "Loss-Based Risk Measures," Papers 1110.1436, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Gianni Bosi & Magalì Zuanon, 2012. "A note on the axiomatization of Wang premium principle by means of continuity considerations," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3158-3165.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.