A two-dimensional ruin problem on the positive quadrant
AbstractIn this paper we study the joint ruin problem for two insurance companies that divide between them both claims and premia in some specified proportions (modeling two branches of the same insurance company or an insurance and re-insurance company). Modeling the risk processes of the insurance companies by Cramér-Lundberg processes we obtain the Laplace transform in space of the probability that either of the insurance companies is ruined in finite time. Subsequently, for exponentially distributed claims, we derive an explicit analytical expression for this joint ruin probability by explicitly inverting this Laplace transform. We also provide a characterization of the Laplace transform of the joint ruin time.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Irmina Czarna & Zbigniew Palmowski, 2009. "De Finetti's dividend problem and impulse control for a two-dimensional insurance risk process," Papers 0906.2100, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2011.
- Debicki, K. & Kosinski, K.M. & Mandjes, M. & Rolski, T., 2010. "Extremes of multidimensional Gaussian processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(12), pages 2289-2301, December.
- Macci, Claudio, 2011. "Large deviations for estimators of unknown probabilities, with applications in risk theory," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 16-24, January.
- Bäuerle, Nicole & Blatter, Anja, 2011. "Optimal control and dependence modeling of insurance portfolios with Lévy dynamics," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 398-405, May.
- Zhang, Yuanyuan & Wang, Wensheng, 2012. "Ruin probabilities of a bidimensional risk model with investment," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 130-138.
- Gong, Lan & Badescu, Andrei L. & Cheung, Eric C.K., 2012. "Recursive methods for a multi-dimensional risk process with common shocks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 109-120.
- Castañer, A. & Claramunt, M.M. & Lefèvre, C., 2013. "Survival probabilities in bivariate risk models, with application to reinsurance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 632-642.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.