Market value of life insurance contracts under stochastic interest rates and default risk
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 36 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Pierre Collin-Dufresne, 2001. "Do Credit Spreads Reflect Stationary Leverage Ratios?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1929-1957, October.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973.
"On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates,"
684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974. "On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-70, May.
- Eric Briys & Fran�ois De Varenne, 1994. "Life Insurance in a Contingent Claim Framework: Pricing and Regulatory Implications," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 53-72, June.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1995. " A Simple Approach to Valuing Risky Fixed and Floating Rate Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(3), pages 789-819, July.
- Briys, Eric & de Varenne, François, 1997. "Valuing Risky Fixed Rate Debt: An Extension," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(02), pages 239-248, June.
- Tanskanen, Antti Juho & Lukkarinen, Jani, 2003. "Fair valuation of path-dependent participating life insurance contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 595-609, December.
- Bjarke Jensen & Peter Løchte Jørgensen & Anders Grosen, .
"A Finite Difference Approach to the Valuation of Path Dependent Life Insurance Liabilities,"
Management Working Papers
1999-11, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Bjarke Jensen & Peter L�chte J�rgensen & Anders Grosen, 2001. "A Finite Difference Approach to the Valuation of Path Dependent Life Insurance Liabilities," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(1), pages 57-84, June.
- Grosen, Anders & Jensen, Bjarke & Løchte Jørgensen, Peter, 2001. "A Finite Difference Approach to the Valuation of Path Dependent Life Insurance Liabilities," Finance Working Papers 01-5, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Kassberger, Stefan & Kiesel, Rüdiger & Liebmann, Thomas, 2008. "Fair valuation of insurance contracts under Lévy process specifications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 419-433, February.
- Chen, An & Suchanecki, Michael, 2007.
"Default risk, bankruptcy procedures and the market value of life insurance liabilities,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 231-255, March.
- An Chen & Michael Suchanecki, 2006. "Default Risk, Bankruptcy Procedures and the Market Value of Life Insurance Liabilities," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse8_2006, University of Bonn, Germany.
- An Chen & Xia Su, 2009. "Knightian uncertainty and insurance regulation decision," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 13-33, May.
- Bernard, Carole & Le Courtois, Olivier & Quittard-Pinon, François, 2008. "Pricing derivatives with barriers in a stochastic interest rate environment," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 2903-2938, September.
- Delia Coculescu & Hélyette Geman & Monique Jeanblanc, 2008. "Valuation of default-sensitive claims under imperfect information," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 195-218, April.
- An Chen, 2005.
"Loss Analysis of a Life Insurance Company Applying Discrete-time Risk-minimizing Hedging Strategies,"
Bonn Econ Discussion Papers
bgse19_2005, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Chen, An, 2008. "Loss analysis of a life insurance company applying discrete-time risk-minimizing hedging strategies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 1035-1049, June.
- Zaglauer, Katharina & Bauer, Daniel, 2008. "Risk-neutral valuation of participating life insurance contracts in a stochastic interest rate environment," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-40, August.
- Hainaut, Donatien, 2010. "Optimal design of profit sharing rates by FFT," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 470-478, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.