Pension schemes as options on pension fund assets: implications for pension fund management
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Insurance: Mathematics and Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Irwin Tepper, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Pension Policy," NBER Working Papers 0661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Boquist, John A & Racette, George A & Schlarbaum, Gary G, 1975. "Duration and Risk Assessment for Bonds and Common Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(5), pages 1360-65, December.
- Haberman, Steven & Sung, Joo-Ho, 1994. "Dynamic approaches to pension funding," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 151-162, December.
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-51, October.
- Merton, Robert C. & Samuelson, Paul A., 1974. "Fallacy of the log-normal approximation to optimal portfolio decision-making over many periods," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-94, May.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-57, August.
- Gatto, Mary Ann & Geske, Robert & Litzenberger, Robert & Sosin, Howard, 1980. "Mutual fund insurance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 283-317, September.
- Brennan, M J, 1979. "The Pricing of Contingent Claims in Discrete Time Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 53-68, March.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1979.
"Who Should Buy Portfolio Insurance?,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
95, University of California at Berkeley.
- Robert van der Meer & Meye Smink, 1993. "Strategies and Techniques for Asset-Liability Management: an Overview," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(2), pages 144-157, April.
- Tepper, Irwin, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Pension Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Sharpe, William F., 1976. "Corporate pension funding policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-193, June.
- O'Brien, Thomas, 1986. "A stochastic-dynamic approach to pension funding," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 141-146, April.
- Brennan, M.J. & Solanki, R., 1981. "Optimal Portfolio Insurance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(03), pages 279-300, September.
- Disney, Richard & Whitehouse, Edward, 1996. "What Are Occupational Pension Plan Entitlements Worth in Britain?," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(250), pages 213-38, May.
- Black, Fischer & Perold, AndreF., 1992. "Theory of constant proportion portfolio insurance," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 403-426.
- Margrabe, William, 1978. "The Value of an Option to Exchange One Asset for Another," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 177-86, March.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1978. "Call Option Pricing when the Exercise Price Is Uncertain, and the Valuation of Index Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 169-76, March.
- Dirk Broeders, 2006. "Valuation of Conditional Pension Liabilities and Guarantees under Sponsor Vulnerabilities," DNB Working Papers 082, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Menoncin, Francesco, 2002. "Optimal portfolio and background risk: an exact and an approximated solution," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 249-265, October.
- de Jong, Frank, 2008. "Pension fund investments and the valuation of liabilities under conditional indexation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Hoevenaars, Roy P.M.M. & Ponds, Eduard H.M., 2008. "Valuation of intergenerational transfers in funded collective pension schemes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 578-593, April.
- John Cotter & David Blake & Kevin Dowd, 2012. "What Should Be Done About The Underfunding of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes?," Working Papers 201202, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Katarzyna Romaniuk, 2007. "The optimal asset allocation of the main types of pension funds: a unified framework," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 113-128, December.
- Ponds, E.H.M., 2003. "Pension funds and value-based generational accounting," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-347898, Tilburg University.
- Noël Bonneuil, 2013. "Early Warning to Insolvency in the Pension Fund: The French Case," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Devolder, Pierre & Bosch Princep, Manuela & Dominguez Fabian, Inmaculada, 2003. "Stochastic optimal control of annuity contracts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Prat, Andrea, 2003.
"Pension Fund Governance and the Choice Between Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3955, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tim Besley & Andrea Prat, 2003. "Pension fund governance and the choice between defined benefit and defined contribution plans," IFS Working Papers W03/09, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Francesco Menoncin, 2005. "Risk management and asset allocation with jump-diffusion exogenous risks: Some algebraic approximated solutions," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 223-246.
- Francesco MENONCIN, 2001. "How to Manage Inflation Risk in an Asset Allocation Problem : an Algebric Aproximated Solution," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001035, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Francesco MENONCIN, 2002. "How the Financial Managers’ Remuneration Can Affect the Optimal Portfolio Composition ?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2002022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.