Tariffs, quality reversals and exit in vertically differentiated industries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 58 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hwang, Hae-Shin & Schulman, Craig T., 1993. "Strategic non-intervention and the choice of trade policy for international oligopoly," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 73-93, February.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 1996.
"International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy without Government Commitment,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 322-38, October.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 1995. "International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy without Government Commitment," CEPR Discussion Papers 1199, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Motta, Massimo, 1993. "Endogenous Quality Choice: Price vs. Quantity Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 113-31, June.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13, January.
- D Leahy & J.P. Neary, 1995. "Learning by Doing," CEP Discussion Papers dp0251, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1983. "Natural Oligopolies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1469-83, September.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 1994. "Learning by Doing, Precommitment and Infant-Industry Protection," CEPR Discussion Papers 980, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Eaton & Gene M. Grossman, 1986.
"Optimal Trade and Industrial Policy Under Oligopoly,"
NBER Working Papers
1236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Grossman, Gene M, 1986. "Optimal Trade and Industrial Policy under Oligopoly," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(2), pages 383-406, May.
- Brander, James A. & Spencer, Barbara J., 1985.
"Export subsidies and international market share rivalry,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 83-100, February.
- James A. Brander & Barbara J. Spencer, 1984. "Export Subsidies and International Market Share Rivalry," NBER Working Papers 1464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Collie, David, 1991.
"Export subsidies and countervailing tariffs,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 309-324, November.
- Collie, D., 1990. "Export Subsidies And Countervailing Tariffs," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 353, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1988. "Anti-dumping and countervailing duties under oligopoly," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 55-68, January.
- Mario Pezzino, 2010.
"Minimum Quality Standards with More Than Two Firms Under Cournot Competition,"
The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 26-45, August.
- Mario Pezzino, 2006. "Minimum quality standards with more than two firms under Cournot competition," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0613, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Mina Baliamoune & Stefan Lutz, 2009.
"Preemption, Predation, and Minimum Quality Standards,"
ICER Working Papers
20-2009, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz & Stefan Lutz, 2010. "Pre-emption, Predation, and Minimum Quality Standards," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 111-123.
- José Luis Moraga Gonzales & Jean-Marie Viaene, 2001.
"Procompetitive Trade Policies,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
597, CESifo Group Munich.
- S Lutz, 2005.
"Regulatory Standards Can Lead to Predation,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0509, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Werner Smolny, 2003. "Determinants of innovation behaviour and investment estimates for west-german manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 449-463.
- Rajat Acharyya & Swapnendu Bandyopadhyay(Banerjee), 2004.
"Does Input Sector Liberalization Promote Quality Innovation and Exports?,"
Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings
650, Econometric Society.
- Bandyopadhyay, Swapnendu & Acharyya, Rajat, 2006. "Does input sector liberalization promote quality innovation and exports?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 443-462.
- Michael Kunin & Kresimir Zigic, 2004. "Strategic Trade Policy and Vertical Product Differentiation: intra-industry trade between developed and developing countries," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp230, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2004124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose Luis Moraga-Gonzalez & Jean-Marie Viaene, 2003. "An Example of Procompetitive Trade Policies," Working Papers 504, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- José Luis Moraga-González & Jean-Marie Viaene, 2004.
"Anti-Dumping, Intra-Industry Trade and Quality Reversals,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1365, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jose Luis Moraga-Gonzalez & Jean-Marie Viaene, 2004. "Anti-dumping, Intra-industry Trade and Quality Reversals," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-124/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Roberto Hernan & Praveen Kujal, 2005. "Import Tariffs, Quality Investment And Welfare," Economics Working Papers we056116, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Roberto Hernán & Praveen Kujal, 2004. "Market Access And Minimum Quality Standards," Economics Working Papers we042608, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Rajat Acharyya & Swapnendu Banerjee, 2005. "On Tariff, Quality Choice and Innovation in a Vertically Differentiated Monopoly with Discrete Preferences," Departmental Working Papers wp0504, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Eugen Kovac & Kresimir Zigic, 2007. "International Competition in Vertically Differentiated Markets with Innovation and Imitation: Trade Policy versus Free Trade," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp336, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Naoto Jinji & Tsuyoshi Toshimitsu, 2010. "Strategic R&D Policy in a Quality-Differentiated Industry with More than Two Exporting Countries," Discussion papers e-09-001, Graduate School of Economics Project Center, Kyoto University.
- Hodaka Morita & Xuan Nguyen, 2012. "FDI and Technology Spillovers under Vertical Product Di erentiation," Discussion Papers 2012-19, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Dimitra Petropoulou, 2008. "International Trade, Minimum Quality Standards and the Prisoners' Dilemma," CEP Discussion Papers dp0858, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Roberto Hernan & Praveen Kujal, 2003. "Minimum Quality Levels And Import Tariffs," Economics Working Papers we034817, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.