Is it possible to redistribute the gains from trade using income taxation?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 55 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Other versions of this item:
- David Spector, 1999. "Is it Possible to Redistribute the Gains from Trade Using Income Taxation?," Working papers 99-13, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 175-208, April.
- V.V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1989.
"International coordination of fiscal policy in limiting economies,"
121, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Chari, V V & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1990. "International Coordination of Fiscal Policy in Limiting Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 617-36, June.
- Roger H. Gordon, 1982.
"An Optimal Taxation Approach to Fiscal Federalism,"
NBER Working Papers
1004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U., 1994. "Pareto gains from trade, reconsidered : Compensating for jobs lost," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 223-238, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1982.
"Self-selection and Pareto efficient taxation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 213-240, March.
- Slaughter, Matthew J., 2001. "International trade and labor-demand elasticities," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 27-56, June.
- Allen, Stephen P, 1987. "Taxes, Redistribution, and the Minimum Wage: A Theoretical Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(3), pages 477-89, August.
- Feenstra, R.C. & Lewis, T.R., 1989.
"Trade Adjustment Assistance And Pareto Gains From Trade,"
343, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Lewis, Tracy R., 1994. "Trade adjustment assistance and Pareto gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 201-222, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Tracy R. Lewis, 1991. "Trade Adjustment Assistance and Pareto Gains From Trade," NBER Working Papers 3845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zeckhauser, Richard & Schelling, Thomas, 1977. "Taxes in fantasy, or most any tax on labor can turn out to help the laborers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 133-150, October.
- Brecher, Richard A, 1974. "Minimum Wage Rates and the Pure Theory of International Trade," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 98-116, February.
- Dixit, Avinash & Norman, Victor, 1986. "Gains from trade without lump-sum compensation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 111-122, August.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Hisahiro Naito, 2003.
"Redistribution, Production Inefficiency and Decentralized Efficiency,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0594, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Hisahiro Naito, 2006. "Redistribution, production inefficiency and decentralized efficiency," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 625-640, September.
- Davidson, Carl & Matusz, Steven J. & Nelson, Douglas R., 2007. "Can compensation save free trade?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 167-186, March.
- Koeniger, Winfried, 2001. "Trade, Labor Market Rigidities, and Government-Financed Technological Change," IZA Discussion Papers 241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Keuschnigg & Evelyn Ribi, 2007.
"Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy,"
0720, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Evelyn Ribi, 2008. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 2452, CESifo Group Munich.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Ribi, Evelyn, 2007. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6605, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Evelyn Ribi, 2007. "Outsourcing, Unemployment and Welfare Policy," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2007 2007-41, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Thierry Verdier, 2005. "Intégration commerciale « socialement responsable » : une approche en termes d'économie politique," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 19(4), pages 55-121.
- Saez, Emmanuel, 2004.
"Direct or indirect tax instruments for redistribution: short-run versus long-run,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 503-518, March.
- Emmanuel Saez, 2002. "Direct or Indirect Tax Instruments for Redistribution: Short-run versus Long-run," NBER Working Papers 8833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martimort, David & Verdier, Thierry, 2009. "International Trade with Domestic Regulation under Asymmetric Information: A Simple General Equilibrium Approach," IDEI Working Papers 223, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Jan 2010.
- Oleg Itskhoki, 2009. "Optimal Redistribution in an Open Economy," 2009 Meeting Papers 967, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gonzague Vannoorenberghe & Eckhard Janeba, 2013. "Trade and the Political Economy of Redistribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 4062, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.