A unification of second best results in international trade
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno, Michael, 1972. "Market Distortions and Gradual Reform," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 373-83, July.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Diaz Alejandro, Carlos F., 1977. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 317-322, November.
- Lloyd, P. J., 1974. "A more general theory of price distortions in open economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 365-386, November.
- Anderson, James E & Neary, J Peter, 1992. "Trade Reform with Quotas, Partial Rent Retention, and Tariffs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 57-76, January.
- Jewitt, Ian, 1981. "Preference structure and piecemeal second best policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 215-231, October.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Panagariya, Arvind, 1979. "Gains from trade under variable returns to scale, commodity taxation, tariffs and factor market distortions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 481-501, November.
- Robin Boadway & Richard Harris, 1975.
"A Characterization of Piecemeal Second Best Policy,"
195, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Boadway, Robin & Harris, Richard, 1977. "A characterization of piecemeal second best policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 169-190, October.
- Corden, W. Max & Falvey, Rodney E., 1985. "Quotas and the second best," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 67-70.
- Pettengill, John, 1974. "The Quantitative Analysis of Distortions in a Simple General Equilibrium Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 105-17, January.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1985. "Tax policy in open economies," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 313-374 Elsevier.
- Hatta, Tatsuo, 1977. "A Recommendation for a Better Tariff Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(8), pages 1859-69, November.
- Bertrand, Trent J & Vanek, Jaroslav, 1971. "The Theory of Tariffs, Taxes, and Subsidies: Some Aspects of the Second Best," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(5), pages 925-31, December.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1982. "Immiserizing transfers from abroad," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3-4), pages 353-364, November.
- Falvey, Rodney E., 1988. "Tariffs, quotas and piecemeal policy reform," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 177-183, August.
- Shahid Alam, M., 1981. "Welfare implications of growth under quotas," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 177-180.
- Ian Wooton, 1988. "Towards a Common Market: Factor Mobility in a Customs Union," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(3), pages 525-38, August.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Raimondos, Pascalis, 1995. "Welfare effects of aid under quantitative trade restrictions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 297-315, November.
- Grandmont, J. M. & McFadden, D., 1972. "A technical note on classical gains from trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 109-125, May.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Panagariya, Arvind, 1982. "Growth and Welfare in a Small, Open Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(196), pages 409-19, November.
- Kemp, Murray C. & Wan, Henry Jr., 1976. "An elementary proposition concerning the formation of customs unions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 95-97, February.
- Peter Neary, 1988. "Tariffs, Quotas, and Voluntary Export Restraints with and without Internationally Mobile Capital," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 714-35, November.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Brecher, Richard A & Hatta, Tatsuo, 1983. "The Generalized Theory of Transfers and Welfare: Bilateral Transfers in a Multilateral World," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 606-18, September.
- Richard Baldwin, 2008.
"Big-Think Regionalism: A Critical Survey,"
NBER Working Papers
14056, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shogren, Jason & Margolis, Michael, 2002. "Unprotected Resources and Voracious World Markets," Discussion Papers dp-02-30, Resources For the Future.
- Grinols, Earl L. & Lin, Hwan C., 2011. "Patent replacement and welfare gains," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1586-1604, September.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2003. "Preferential Trading and Welfare: The Small-Union Case Revisited," International Trade 0308009, EconWPA.
- Susana Ferreira, 2007. "Trade Policy and Natural Resource Use: The Case for a Quantitative Restriction," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(2), pages 361-376, June.
- Johannes Urpelainen, 2009. "Political-economic problems in trade capacity building," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 329-359, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.