Production theory and the derived demand for imports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (1974)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baek, Seung-Gwan, 1996. "Favorable External Shocks, Sectoral Adjustment and De-industrialization in Non-Oil Producing Economies," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt9hg553xj, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 1998. "The demand for imports in Korea: a production analysis approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 97-114, June.
- Tarjáni, Hajnalka, 2006.
"A technológiai fejlődés és a kereskedelem hatása a szakképzettségi prémiumra
[Analysing the impacts of technological development and trade on the skill premium in Hungary]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 226-234.
- W.E. Diewert & Catherine J. Morrison, 1985.
"Adjusting Output and Productivity Indexes for Changes in the Terms of Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
1564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewart, W Erwin & Morrison, Catherine J, 1986. "Adjusting Output and Productivity Indexes for Changes in the Terms of Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 659-79, September.
- Muhammad, Andrew, 2006. "Measuring the Degree of Monopsony Power in the EU Fish Importing Industry: Implications for Ugandan Fresh and Chilled Fish Fillet Exports," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35455, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Muhammad, Andrew, 2008. "The Role of the Imports for Re-Exports Program in Determining Canadian Demand for Imported Cheese: Implications for U.S. Exports," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 8214, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ulrich Kohli, 2006. "Real GDP, Real GDI and Trading Gains: Canada, 1981-2005," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 13, pages 46-56, Fall.
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 2002. "The demand for imports in Italy: A production analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 393-409.
- Mauro Caselli & Arpita Chatterjee & Alan Woodland, 2014. "Multi-product exporters, variable markups and exchange rate fluctuations," Discussion Papers 2014-15, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Jaime Marquez, 2000. "The Puzzling Income Elasticity of US Imports," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1128, Econometric Society.
- Washington, Andrew A. & Kilmer, Richard L., 2002.
"The Production Theory Approach To Import Demand Analysis: A Comparison Of The Rotterdam Model And The Differential Production Approach,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(03), December.
- Washington, Andrew A. & Kilmer, Richard L., 2000. "The Production Theory Approach To Import Demand Analysis: A Comparison Of The Rotterdam Model And The Differential Production Approach," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21829, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Salvator Nkunzimana & H. Alan Love & C. Richard Shumway, 2003. "Mexican agricultural trade under the GATT," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 449-459.
- Ulrich Kohli, 2001. "Sanyal and Jones on trade in middle products," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 39-63.
- Emmanuel Egbe, 1991. "Agricultural exports and the agenda for accelerated development in Africa," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 65-87, December.
- Alexander Hijzen & Peter Wright, 2010.
"Migration, trade and wages,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 1189-1211, September.
- Claudio Sfreddo, 2004. "International-price and terms-of-trade effects on factor productivity: international comparisons," International Trade 0408002, EconWPA, revised 07 Sep 2004.
- Paul Brenton, 1989. "The allocation approach to trade modelling: Some tests of separability between imports and domestic production and between different imported commodity groups," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 230-251, June.
- Feleke, Shiferaw T. & Walters, Lurleen M., 2005. "Global Coffee Import Demand in a New Era: Implications for Developing Countries," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 1(2).
- Eric Wang, 1998. "Sensitivities of Import Demand and Export Supply in an Open Developing Economy: the Evidence from Taiwan, 1961-1994," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 121-139.
- Alexander Hijzen, 2004. "Trade in Intermediates and the Rise in Wage Inequality in the UK: A GNP Function Approach," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 224, Econometric Society.
- David Burgess, 2006. "Public Investment Criteria in Overlapping Generations Models of Open Economies," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 59-78, January.
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 2003. "A cost function analysis of import demand and growth in South Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 425-442, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.