Fiscal discipline and the choice of a nominal anchor in stabilization
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 46 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:inadeb:324 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1991. "Temporary stabilization policy : The case of flexible prices and exchange rates," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 197-213.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1987. "Balance of Payments Crises in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 19-32, February.
- Peter Montiel & Bijan B. Aghevli & Mohsin S. Khan, 1991. "Exchange Rate Policy in Developing Countries," IMF Occasional Papers 78, International Monetary Fund.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Razin, Assaf, 1987.
"Exchange Rate Management: Intertemporal Tradeoffs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 107-23, March.
- Kiguel, Miguel A & Liviatan, Nissan, 1992. "When Do Heterodox Stabilization Programs Work? Lessons from Experience," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 35-57, January.
- Drazen, Allan, 1985. "Tight money and inflation: Further Results," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 113-120, January.
- Michael Gavin & Roberto Perotti, 1997. "Fiscal Policy in Latin America," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 11-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiguel, Miguel A & Liviatan, Nissan, 1988. "Inflationary Rigidities and Orthodox Stabilization Policies: Lessons from Latin America," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(3), pages 273-98, September.
- Michael W. Klein & Nancy P. Marion, 1994.
"Explaining the Duration of Exchange-Rate Pegs,"
NBER Working Papers
4651, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Masson & Morris Goldstein & Jacob A. Frenkel, 1991. "Characteristics of a Successful Exchange Rate System," IMF Occasional Papers 82, International Monetary Fund.
- Drazen, Allan & Helpman, Elhanan, 1987. "Stabilization with Exchange Rate Management," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(4), pages 835-55, November.
- Kiguel, Miguel A. & Liviatan, Nissan, 1992. "Stopping three big inflations (Argentina, Brazil, and Peru)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 999, The World Bank.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carlos A. Végh, 1994. "Inflation Stabilization And Nominal Anchors," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(2), pages 35-45, 04.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1991.
"The Advantage of Tying One's Hands: EMS Discipline and Central Bank Credibility,"
in: International Volatility and Economic Growth: The First Ten Years of The International Seminar on Macroeconomics, pages 303-330
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1988. "The advantage of tying one's hands : EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1055-1075, June.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1986. "The Advantages of Tying One's Hands: EMS Discipline and Central Bank Credibility," CEPR Discussion Papers 135, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1988. "Stabilization in high inflation countries: Analytical foundations and recent experience," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 9-84, January.
- Michael Bruno & Guido Di Tella & Rudiger Dornbusch & Stanley Fischer, 1988. "Inflation Stabilization: The Experience of Israel, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, and Mexico," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022796, December.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Alberola, Enrique & Molina, Luis & Navia, Daniel, 2007. "Say you fix, enjoy and relax. The deleterious effect of peg announcements on fiscal discipline in emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 328-338, December.
- Aaron Tornell & Andres Velasco, 1995.
"Fixed versus Flexible Exchange Rates: Which Provides More Fiscal Discipline?,"
NBER Working Papers
5108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tornell, Aaron & Velasco, Andres, 2000. "Fixed versus flexible exchange rates: Which provides more fiscal discipline?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 399-436, April.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2000. "Fiscal Discipline and Exchange Rate Regimes: a Case for Currency Boards?," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0006, Banco de Espa�a.
- Philipp Paulus, 2004. "The fiscal stability impact of monetary unions - looking beneath the Stability Pact debate," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 05/2004, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Michael Hutchison & Ilan Noy, 2003.
"Macroeconomic effects of IMF-sponsored programs in Latin America: output costs, program recidivism and the vicious cycle of failed stabilizations,"
Pacific Basin Working Paper Series
03-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hutchison, Michael M. & Noy, Ilan, 2003. "Macroeconomic effects of IMF-sponsored programs in Latin America: output costs, program recidivism and the vicious cycle of failed stabilizations," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 991-1014, December.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2004.
"What does really discipline fiscal policy in emerging markets? The role and dynamics of exchange rate regimes,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0402, Banco de Espa�a.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2005. "What Does Really Discipline Fiscal Policy In Emerging Markets? The Role And Dynamics Of Exchange Rate Regimes," International Finance 0507003, EconWPA.
- Helge Berger & George Kopits & István P. Székely, 2007.
"Fiscal Indulgence In Central Europe: Loss Of The External Anchor?,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(1), pages 116-135, 02.
- Berger, Helge & Kopits, George & Székely, István P., 2006. "Fiscal indulgence in Central Europe: loss of the external anchor?," Discussion Papers 2006/9, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 2001. "What problems can dollarization solve?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 267-277, April.
- Oliver Grimm, 2007. "Fiscal Discipline and Stability under Currency Board Systems," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/66, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Philipp Paulus, 2006. "The final blow to the Stability Pact? EMU enlargement and government debt," Otto-Wolff-Institut Discussion Paper Series 03/2006, Otto-Wolff-Institut für Wirtschaftsordnung, Köln, Deutschland.
- Guillermo Vuletin, 2013. "Exchange Rate Regimes And Fiscal Discipline: The Role Of Capital Controls," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(4), pages 2096-2109, October.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina & Daniel Navia, 2005.
"Say you fix, enjoy and relax: the deleterious effect of peg announcements on fiscal discipline,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0523, Banco de Espa�a.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina & Daniel Navia, 2005. "Say You Fix, Enjoy And Relax The Deleterious Effect Of Peg Announcements On Fiscal Discipline," International Finance 0509001, EconWPA.
- Dalia Grigonyté, 2003. "Impact of Currency Boards on Fiscal Policy in Central and Eastern European Countries," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 111-133, June.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"Disinflation and Fiscal Reform: A Neoclassical Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
8706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rigobon, Roberto, 2002. "Disinflation and fiscal reform: a neoclassical perspective," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 265-297, December.
- Jesper Rangvid, 2007. "The Effects of Temporary Exchange-Rate-Based Stabilizations when Money Serves a Productive Role," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 453-477, September.
- Lucotte, Yannick, 2012. "Adoption of inflation targeting and tax revenue performance in emerging market economies: An empirical investigation," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 609-628.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.