Impacts of code-share alliances on airline cost structure: A truncated third-order translog estimation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 24 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jong-Hun Park & Anming Zhang, 2000. "An Empirical Analysis of Global Airline Alliances: Cases in North Atlantic Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 367-384, June.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Cornwell, Christopher, 1993. "Measuring technical efficiency with panel data : A dual approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 257-261, October.
- Youssef, Waleed & Hansen, Mark, 1994. "Consequences of strategic alliances between international airlines: The case of Swissair and SAS," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 415-431, September.
- Stevenson, Rodney, 1980. "Measuring Technological Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(1), pages 162-73, March.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
Economics Working Papers
8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Chen, Fisher Chia-Yu & Chen, Chialin, 2003. "The effects of strategic alliances and risk pooling on the load factors of international airline operations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 19-34, January.
- JA. Clougherty, 2000. "US domestic airline alliances: does the national welfare impact turn on strategic international gains?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 304-314, 07.
- Goh, Kevin & Uncles, Mark, 2003. "The benefits of airline global alliances: an empirical assessment of the perceptions of business travelers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 479-497, July.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Whalen, W Tom, 2000. "The Price Effects of International Airline Alliances," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 503-45, October.
- Hansen, Mark M. & Gillen, David & Djafarian-Tehrani, Reza, 2001. "Aviation infrastructure performance and airline cost: a statistical cost estimation approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2003. "International Airfares in the Age of Alliances: The Effects of Codesharing and Antitrust Immunity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(1), pages 105-118, February.
- Li, Michael Z.F., 2000. "Distinct features of lasting and non-lasting airline alliances," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 65-73.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 2001. "The economics of international codesharing: an analysis of airline alliances," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1475-1498, December.
- Park, Jong-Hun, 1997. "The effects of airline alliances on markets and economic welfare," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 181-195, September.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brock, 2000. "Industry Update: Airlines," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 39-51, February.
- Chew Chua & Hsein Kew & Jongsay Yong, 2005. "Airline Code-share Alliances and Costs: Imposing Concavity on Translog Cost Function Estimation," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 461-487, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.