Quality competition in retailing: A structural analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 24 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ellison, Glenn & Glaeser, Edward L, 1997.
"Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 889-927, October.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," NBER Working Papers 4840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ellison, G. & Glaeser, E.L., 1994. "Geographic Concentration in U.S. Manufacturing Industries: A Dartboard Approach," Working papers 94-27, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Howard Smith, 2004. "Supermarket Choice and Supermarket Competition in Market�Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(1), pages 235-263, 01.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G, 1979. "The Theory of Market Pre-emption: The Persistence of Excess Capacity and Monopoly in Growing Spatial Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(182), pages 149-58, May.
- Astrid A. Dick, 2003. "Market structure and quality: an application to the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berry, Steven & Waldfogel, Joel, 2005.
"Product Quality and Market Size,"
1, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1983. "Natural Oligopolies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1469-83, September.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1984.
"Econometric diagnosis of competitive localization,"
1555-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2003:i:may:p:137-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reynolds, Stanley S, 1987. "Capacity Investment, Preemption and Commitment in an Infinite Horizon Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(1), pages 69-88, February.
- Shaked, Avner & Sutton, John, 1987. "Product Differentiation and Industrial Structure," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 131-46, December.
- Stephen Martin, 2012. "Market Structure and Market Performance," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 87-108, March.
- Alessandro Bonanno & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2007.
"Competition Effects of Supermarket Services,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 555-568.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Lopez, Rigoberto, 2007. "Competition Effects of Supermarket Services," Research Reports 149176, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 2007. "Competition Effects of Supermarket Services," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9833, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Alessandro Bonanno & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2007. "Competition Effects of Supermarket Services," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 094, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Rozelle, Scott & Xiang, Tao & Vandemoortele, Thijs, 2009.
"A Theory of Standards-Driven Rural Development,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51475, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Swinnen, Jo & Rozelle, S. & Xiang, T. & Vandemoortele, Thijs, 2008. "A theory of standards-driven rural development," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/207539, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Scott Rozelle & Tao Xiang & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2008. "A Theory of Standards-Driven Rural Development," LICOS Discussion Papers 19908, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Ghosh, Gaurav S., 2010. "SNAP Efficacy and Food Access – A Nationwide Spatial Analysis," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116437, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Minten, Bart, 2007. "The food retail revolution in poor countries: Is it coming or is it over? Evidence from Madagascar," IFPRI discussion papers 719, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vandemoortele, Thijs & Rozelle, Scott & Swinnen, Jo & Xiang, Tao, 2009.
"Quality and inclusion of small producers in value chains: a theoretical note,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/249149, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Vandemoortele, Thijs & Rozelle, Scott & Swinnen, Jo & Xiang, Tao, 2009. "Quality and Inclusion of Small Producers in Value Chains: A Theoretical Note," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/244772, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Carsten Eckel, 2009.
"International Trade and Retailing,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2597, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alessandro Gavazza, 2011.
"Demand spillovers and market outcomes in the mutual fund industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 42(4), pages 776-804, December.
- Gavazza, Alessandro, 2011. "Demand Spillovers and Market Outcomes in the Mutual Fund Industry," MPRA Paper 30074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chidmi, Benaissa & Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Cotterill, Ronald W., 2009. "The Retail Service, The Market Power, and the Vertical Relationships in Breakfast Cereals Industry," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51770, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Courtemanche, Charles & Carden, Art, 2011.
"Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices,"
11-7, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Charles J. Courtemanche & Art Carden, 2011. "Competing with Costco and Sam's Club: Warehouse Club Entry and Grocery Prices," NBER Working Papers 17220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bonanno, Alessandro & Chenarides, Lauren & Goetz, Stephan J., 2012. "Limited Food Access as an Equilibrium Outcome: An Empirical Analysis," 2012 AAEA/EAAE Food Environment Symposium, May 30-31, Boston, MA 123196, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.