Flexible manufacturing systems and the internal structure of the firm
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 8 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vives, Xavier, 1989. "Technological competition, uncertainty, and oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 386-415, August.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Mihkel M. Tombak, 1993. "Competition and Investment in Flexible Technologies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(1), pages 107-114, January.
- Kulatilaka, Nalin & Marks, Stephen Gary, 1988. "The Strategic Value of Flexibility: Reducing the Ability to Compromise," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 574-80, June.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Vives Xavier, 1993. "Information, Flexibility, and Competition," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 219-237, September.
- Tirole, Jean, 1986.
"Procurement and Renegotiation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(2), pages 235-59, April.
- Gal-Or, Esther, 1995. "Departmentalization and stochastic dissimilarity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 293-317, February.
- Boyer, Marcel & Moreaux, Michel, 1996.
"Capacity Commitment versus Flexibility,"
IDEI Working Papers
63, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Roller, Lars-Hendrik & Tombak, Mihkel M, 1990. "Strategic Choice of Flexible Production Technologies and Welfare Implications," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 417-31, June.
- Robert A. Jones & Joseph M. Ostroy, 1979.
"Flexibilty and Uncertainty,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
163, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Curtis Eaton, B. & Schmitt, N., 1991.
"Flexible Manufacturing and Market Structure,"
1991-02, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Henry, Claude, 1974. "Investment Decisions Under Uncertainty: The "Irreversibility Effect."," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 1006-12, December.
- Carlsson, Bo, 1989. "Flexibility and the theory of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-203, June.
- Taylor, Curtis R & Wiggins, Steven N, 1997. "Competition or Compensation: Supplier Incentives under the American and Japanese Subcontracting Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 598-618, September.
- Donald Gerwin, 1993. "Manufacturing Flexibility: A Strategic Perspective," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(4), pages 395-410, April.
- Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2006.
"Complementarities in Automobile Production,"
NBER Working Papers
12131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tseng, Mei-Chiun, 2004. "Strategic choice of flexible manufacturing technologies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 223-227, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.