The natural monopoly test reconsidered: an engineering process-based approach to empirical analysis in telecommunications
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 20 (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Other versions of this item:
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William, 1999. "The Natural Monopoly Test Reconsidered: An Engineering Process-Based Approach to Empirical Analysis in Telecommunications," IDEI Working Papers 91, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ballard, Charles L & Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1985. "General Equilibrium Computations of the Marginal Welfare Costs of Taxes in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 128-38, March.
- Gasmi, F & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, W W, 1997. "Incentive Regulation and the Cost Structure of the Local Telephone Exchange Network," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 5-25, July.
- Maher, Maria E., 1999. "Access costs and entry in the local telecommunications network: a case for de-averaged rates," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 593-609, May.
- Jerry A. Hausman & James M. Poterba, 1986.
"Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986,"
437, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Gabel, David & Kennet, D Mark, 1994. "Economies of Scope in the Local Telephone Exchange Market," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 381-98, December.
- Gasmi, Farid & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Sharkey, William, 1999.
"Competition, Universal Service and Telecommunications Policy in Developing Countries,"
IDEI Working Papers
92, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gasmi, F. & Laffont, J. J. & Sharkey, W. W., 2000. "Competition, universal service and telecommunications policy in developing countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 221-248, September.
- F. Gasmi & J. J. Laffont & W. W. Sharkey, 1999. "Empirical Evaluation of Regulatory Regimes in Local Telecommunications Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 61-93, 03.
- C.C. von Weizsaker, 1980. "A Welfare Analysis of Barriers to Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 399-420, Autumn.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
- Richard T. Shin & John S. Ying, 1992. "Unnatural Monopolies in Local Telephone," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 171-183, Summer.
- Nucciarelli, Alberto & Sadowski, Bert M. & Ruhle, Ernst-Olav, 2012. "Should next generation access networks fall within the scope of universal service? A EU 27 perspective," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60393, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- B.M. Sadowski & M. de Rooij & Jan Smits, 2006.
"State aid, open access and market size: two cases of fith network implementation in Dutch municipalities,"
06-09, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised May 2006.
- B.M. Sadowski & M. de Rooij & Jan Smits, 2006. "State aid, open access and market size: two cases of fith network implementation in Dutch municipalities," Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS) working paper series 06-09, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies (ECIS), revised May 2006.
- Julien Lévêque, 2007. "Allotissement et rendements d'échelle : application aux réseaux de transport ferroviaire," Post-Print halshs-00280396, HAL.
- Philippe Gagnepain, 2001. "La nouvelle théorie de la régulation des monopoles naturels : fondements et tests," Post-Print hal-00622947, HAL.
- Kaisa Kotakorpi, 2002. "Access Pricing and Competition in Telecommunications," Discussion Papers 283, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.