Media substitution and economies of scale in advertising
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 18 (2000)
Issue (Month): 8 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brown, Randall S, 1978. "Estimating Advantages to Large-Scale Advertising," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 428-37, August.
- Peles, Yoram, 1971. "Economies of Scale in Advertising Beer and Cigarettes," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 32-37, January.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Wood, David O, 1975. "Technology, Prices, and the Derived Demand for Energy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 259-68, August.
- Henry Saffer, 1989.
"Alcohol Advertising Bans and Alcohol Abuse: An International Perspective,"
NBER Working Papers
3052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saffer, Henry, 1991. "Alcohol advertising bans and alcohol abuse: An international perspective," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 65-79, May.
- McElroy, Marjorie B., 1977. "Goodness of fit for seemingly unrelated regressions : Glahn's R2y.x and Hooper's r2," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 381-387, November.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1975. "The Elasticity of Scale and the Shape of Average Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 492-97, June.
- Thomas, Lacy Glenn, 1989. "Advertising in Consumer Goods Industries: Durability, Economies of Scale, and Heterogeneity," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 163-93, April.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Blackorby, Charles & Russell, R Robert, 1989. "Will the Real Elasticity of Substitution Please Stand Up? (A Comparison of the Allen/Uzawa and Morishima Elasticities)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 882-88, September.
- Anderson, Richard G & Thursby, Jerry G, 1986. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticity Estimators in Translog Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 647-56, November.
- Seldon, Barry J & Doroodian, Khosrow, 1989. "A Simultaneous Model of Cigarette Advertising: Effects on Demand and Industry Response to Public Policy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(4), pages 673-77, November.
- Ashley, R & Granger, C W J & Schmalensee, R, 1980. "Advertising and Aggregate Consumption: An Analysis of Causality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1149-67, July.
- Seldon, Barry J. & Jung, Chulho, 1993. "Derived demand for advertising messages and substitutability among the media," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 71-86.
- Young, Douglas J., 1993. "Alcohol advertising bans and alcohol abuse: Comment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 213-228, July.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1975. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 937-57, Sept.-Nov.
- Robert P. Leone, 1995. "Generalizing What Is Known About Temporal Aggregation and Advertising Carryover," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages G141-G150.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Michael Grossman, 1993. "Policy Watch: Alcohol and Cigarette Taxes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 211-222, Fall.
- Eckard, E Woodrow, Jr, 1991. "Competition and the Cigarette TV Advertising Ban," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 119-33, January.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-76, August.
- Frank, Mark W., 2008.
"Media substitution in advertising: A spirited case study,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 308-326, January.
- Mark W. Frank, 2006. "Media Substitution in Advertising: A Spirited Case Study," Working Papers 0606, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Asai, Sumiko, 2006. "Scale economies and scope economies in the Japanese broadcasting market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 321-331, September.
- Eftichios Sartzetakis & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2012. "The Role of Information Provision as a Policy Instrument to Supplement Environmental Taxes," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(3), pages 347-368, July.
- Michael Vardanyan & Victor J. Tremblay, 2006. "The measurement of marketing efficiency in the presence of spillovers: theory and evidence," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 319-331.
- Karagiannis, Giannis, 2012. "More on the Fox paradox," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 333-334.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Seldon, Barry J. & Tremblay, Victor J., 2004. "Advertising efficiency and the choice of media mix: a case of beer," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 503-522, April.
- Nelson, Jon P., 2001. "Alcohol Advertising and Advertising Bans: A Survey of Research Methods, Results, and Policy Implications," Working Papers 7-01-2, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
- Natsuko Iwasaki & Victor Tremblay, 2009. "The effect of marketing regulations on efficiency: LeChatelier versus coordination effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 41-54, August.
- Alvin Silk & Lisa Klein & Ernst Berndt, 2002. "Intermedia Substitutability and Market Demand by National Advertisers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 323-348, June.
- Mark Frank, 2003. "An Empirical Analysis of Electricity Regulation on Technical Change in Texas," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 313-331, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.