Bertrand competition under cost uncertainty
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 17 (1999)
Issue (Month): 7 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dastidar, Krishnendu Ghosh, 1995. "On the Existence of Pure Strategy Bertrand Equilibrium," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 19-32, January.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1972. "Theory of the Firm Facing Uncertain Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 278-91, June.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1995. "Bertrand Competition When Rivals' Costs Are Unknown," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 1-11, March.
- Mattias K. Polborn, 1998. "A Model of an Oligopoly in an Insurance Market," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 41-48, June.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1971. "On the Theory of the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Kao, Jennifer L & Hughes, John S, 1993. "Note on Risk Aversion and Sharing of Firm-Specific Information in Duopolies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 103-12, March.
- Allen, Beth & Hellwig, Martin, 1986. "Bertrand-Edgeworth Oligopoly in Large Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 175-204, April.
- Dixon, Huw, 1990. "Bertrand-Edgeworth Equilibria when Firms Avoid Turning Customers Away," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 131-46, December.
- Hviid, Morten, 1989. "Risk-Averse Duopolists and Voluntary Information Transmission," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 49-64, September.
- Benassy, Jean-Pascal, 1989. "Market Size and Substitutability in Imperfect Competition: A Bertrand-Edgeworth-Chamberlin Model," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 217-34, April.
- Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium with Price-Setting Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 382-86, May.
- Klemperer, Paul D & Meyer, Margaret A, 1989. "Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1243-77, November.
- Vives, Xavier, 1984. "Duopoly information equilibrium: Cournot and bertrand," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 71-94, October.
- Guy Meunier, 2012. "Risk aversion and technology portfolios," Working Papers hal-00763358, HAL.
- Jellal, Mohamed & wolff, François charles, 2005.
"Free entry under uncertainty,"
38376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guy Meunier, 2014. "Risk Aversion and Technology Portfolios," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 347-365, June.
- Meunier, Guy, 2013.
"Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 866-874.
- Guy MEUNIER, 2013. "Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market," Working Papers 221660, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Guy Meunier, 2013. "Risk aversion and technology mix in an electricity market," Working Papers hal-00906944, HAL.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2012.
"Can competition reduce quality?,"
NIPE Working Papers
05/2012, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Luigi Siciliani & Odd Rune Straume, 2014. "Can Competition Reduce Quality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4629, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2012. "Can competition reduce quality?," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 9/2012, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Brekke, Kurt Richard & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2014. "Can competition reduce quality?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9810, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Asplund, Marcus, 2002.
"Risk-averse firms in oligopoly,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 995-1012, September.
- Julien Hardelin & Sabine Lemoyne de Forges, 2012.
"Raising Capital in an Insurance Oligopoly Market,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(1), pages 83-108, March.
- Xiangkang Yin, 2013. "Two-part tariffs set by a risk-averse monopolist," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 175-192, June.
- Makoto Yano & Takashi Komatsubara, 2012. "Price Competition or Tacit Collusion," KIER Working Papers 807, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.