Demand shifts and market structure in free-entry oligopoly equilibria
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 17 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sofia Delipalla & Michael Keen, 1991.
"The Comparison Between Ad Valorem and Specific Taxation under Imperfect Competition,"
821, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Delipalla, Sofia & Keen, Michael, 1992. "The comparison between ad valorem and specific taxation under imperfect competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 351-367, December.
- Seade, Jesus K, 1980. "On the Effects of Entry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(2), pages 479-89, March.
- Kimmel, Sheldon, 1992. "Effects of Cost Changes on Oligopolists' Profits," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 441-49, December.
- Stephen F. Hamilton & Rickard Sandin, 1997.
"Subsidies in Oligopoly Markets: a Welfare Comparison Between Symmetric and Asymmetric Costs,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 25(6), pages 660-668, November.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Sandin, Rickard, 1995. "Subsidies in Oligopoly Markets: A Welfare Comparison between Symmetric and Asymmetric Costs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 70, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Skeath, Susan E. & Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "A Pareto comparison of ad valorem and unit taxes in noncompetitive environments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 53-71, January.
- Quirmbach, Herman C, 1988. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly: Demand Shift Effects," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(3), pages 451-59, August.
- Dixit, Avinash & Stern, Nicholas, 1982. "Oligopoly and welfare : A unified presentation with applications to trade and development," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 123-143.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1986. "Comparative Statics for Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 107-22, February.
- Schroeter, John R, 1988.
"Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 158-62, February.
- Schroeter, John R., 1988. "Estimating the Degree of Market Power in the Beef Packing Industry," Staff General Research Papers 11114, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Murray, Brian C, 1995. "Measuring Oligopsony Power with Shadow Prices: U.S. Markets for Pulpwood and Sawlogs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(3), pages 486-98, August.
- Clarke, Roger & Davies, Stephen W, 1982. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Margins," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 277-87, August.
- Reinganum, Jennifer R., .
"Innovation and Industry Evolution,"
426, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Cowling, Keith & Waterson, Michael, 1976. "Price-Cost Margins and Market Structure," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 267-74, August.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1982. "The oligopoly solution concept is identified," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 87-92.
- Dierickx, I. & Matutes, C. & Neven, D., 1988. "Indirect taxation and cournot equilibrium," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 385-399.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Lau, Lawrence J., 1982. "On identifying the degree of competitiveness from industry price and output data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 93-99.
- Dansby, Robert E & Willig, Robert D, 1979. "Industry Performance Gradient Indexes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 249-60, June.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- Vickers, John S, 1986. "The Evolution of Market Structure When There Is a Sequence of Innovations," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 1-12, September.
- Besley, Timothy, 1989. "Commodity taxation and imperfect competition : A note on the effects of entry," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 359-367, December.
- Vickers, John, 1989. "The nature of costs and the number of firms at cournot equilibrium," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 503-509, December.
- Maia David & Alain-DÃ©sirÃ© Nimubona & Bernard Sinclair-DesgagnÃ©, 2011.
"Emission taxes and the market for abatement goods and services,"
46682, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- David, Maia & Nimubona, Alain-Désiré & Sinclair-Desgagné, Bernard, 2011. "Emission taxes and the market for abatement goods and services," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 179-191, January.
- Nene, Gibson & Azzam, Azzeddine M. & Schoengold, Karina, 2009. "Environmental Regulations and the Structure of U.S. Hog Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49395, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Corrado Benassi & Roberto Cellini & Alessandra Chirco, 2002. "Personal Income Distribution and Market Structure," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(3), pages 327-338, 08.
- Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra & Jianyu, Yu, 2013. "Production Standards, Competition and Vertical Relationship," TSE Working Papers 13-417, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Arghya Ghosh & Alberto Motta, 2011. "Outsourcing with Heterogeneous Firms," Discussion Papers 2011-09, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Jan Guldager J�rgensen & Philipp J.H. Schr–der, 2003. "Reductions in Real versus Tariff Barriers: The Impact on Industry Concentration," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 251-268, December.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Sunding, David L., 2000. "Product liability, entry incentives and market structure," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 269-283, June.
- Simon GB Cowan & Simon Cowan, 2004. "Demand shifts and imperfect competition," Economics Series Working Papers 188, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Maia David & Alain-Désiré Nimubona & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2007. "Environmental Taxation and the Structure of the Eco-industry," Working Papers 2007/02, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Coestier, B. & Gozlan, Estelle & Marette, Stephan, 2002. "Prevention, Limited Liability and Market Structure," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 8531, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.