Multimarket contact and pricing: Evidence from the U.S. cement industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 15 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feinberg, Robert M., 1984. "Mutual forbearance as an extension of oligopoly theory," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 243-249, May.
- Heggestad, Arnold A & Rhoades, Stephen A, 1978. "Multi-Market Interdependence and Local Market Competition in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(4), pages 523-32, November.
- Clark, Kim B, 1980. "Unionization and Productivity: Micro-Econometric Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 613-39, December.
- Mester, Loretta J, 1987. "Multiple Market Contact between Savings and Loans: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 538-49, November.
- Kim, E Han & Singal, Vijay, 1993. "Mergers and Market Power: Evidence from the Airline Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 549-69, June.
- Feinberg, Robert M, 1985. ""Sales-at-Risk": A Test of the Mutual Forebearance Theory of Conglomerate Behavior," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 225-41, April.
- Rhoades, Stephen A, 1973. "The Effect of Diversification on Industry Profit Performance in 241 Manufacturing Industries: 1963," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(2), pages 146-55, May.
- Corwin D. Edwards, 1955. "Conglomerate Bigness as a Source of Power," NBER Chapters, in: Business Concentration and Price Policy, pages 331-359 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott, John T., 1989. "Purposive diversification as a motive for merger," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 35-47, March.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1990. "Multimarket Contact and Collusive Behavior," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
- Scott, John T, 1982. "Multimarket Contact and Economic Performance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 368-75, August.
- Hughes, Kirsty & Oughton, Christine, 1993. "Diversification, Multi-market Contact and Profitability," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(238), pages 203-24, May.
- Scott, John T., 1991. "Multimarket contact among diversified oligopolists," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 225-238, June.
- Cameron Hepburn & John K.-H. Quah & Robert A. Ritz, 2008.
"Emissions Trading with Profit-Neutral Permit Allocations,"
2008-W12, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Hepburn, Cameron J. & Quah, John K.-H. & Ritz, Robert A., 2013. "Emissions trading with profit-neutral permit allocations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 85-99.
- Cameron Hepburn & John Quah & Robert A. Ritz, 2008. "Emissions Trading with Profit-Neutral Permit Allocations," Economics Series Working Papers 2008-W12, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hepburn, C.J. & Quah, J.K.-H. & Ritz, R.A., 2012. "Emissions Trading with Profit-Neutral Permit Allocations," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1235, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Feinberg, Robert M., 2014.
"Price effects of multimarket contact among movie chains in small US metropolitan areas,"
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 6-8.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 2013. "Price Effects of Multimarket Contact Among Movie Chains in Small U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Working Papers 2013-15, American University, Department of Economics.
- Meredith Fowlie & Mar Reguant & Stephen P. Ryan, 2012. "Market-Based Emissions Regulation and Industry Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 18645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chicu, Mark & Ziebarth, Nicolas L., 2013. "Multi-market contact and competition: evidence from the Depression-era portland cement industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 603-611.
- Feinberg, Robert M., 2013. "Multimarket contact and export entry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 82-84.
- Newmark, Craig M., 1998. "Price and seller concentration in cement: effective oligopoly or misspecified transportation cost?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 243-250, August.
- Funding la Cour, Lisbeth & Møllegaard, H. Peter, 2000. "TESTS OF (ABUSE OF) DOMINATION: The Danish cement industry," Working Papers 10-2000, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Stephen P. Ryan & Mar Reguant & Meredith Fowlie, 2011. "Pollution Permits and the Evolution of Market Structure," 2011 Meeting Papers 1440, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Murakami, Hideki & Asahi, Ryota, 2011. "Multimarket Contact And Market Power: A Case Of The U.S. Airline Industry," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 45(1), pages 81-88, January.
- Cameron Hepburn & John Quah & Robert Ritz, 2006. "Emissions Trading and Profit-Neutral Grandfathering," Economics Series Working Papers 295, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Yahua Zhang & David Round, 2009. "Policy Implications of the Effects of Concentration and Multimarket Contact in China’s Airline Market," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 307-326, June.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 2011. "Exports-at-Risk: the Effect of Multi-Market Contact in International Trade"," Working Papers 2011-09, American University, Department of Economics.
- Zhang, Yahua & Round, David K., 2011. "Price wars and price collusion in China's airline markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 361-372, July.
- Fu, W. Wayne, 2003. "Multimarket contact of US newspaper chains: circulation competition and market coordination," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 501-519, December.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Williams, Jonathan, 2010. "Does Multimarket Contact Facilitate Tacit Collusion? Inference on Conjectural Parameters in the Airline Industry," MPRA Paper 24888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.