Flexibility in the face of demand fluctuations: Employment, capacity utilization, and industry structure
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Industrial Organization.
Volume (Year): 13 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feinberg, Robert M, 1979. "Market Structure and Employment Instability," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(4), pages 497-505, November.
- Sheshinski, Eytan & Dreze, Jacques H, 1976.
"Demand Fluctuations, Capacity Utilization, and Costs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 731-42, December.
- SEHSHINSKI, Eytan & DREZE, Jacques H., . "Demand fluctuations, capacity utilization and costs," CORE Discussion Papers RP -279, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Altonji, Joseph G & Ham, John C, 1990.
"Variation in Employment Growth in Canada: The Role of External, National, Regional, and Industrial Factors,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages S198-236, January.
- Joseph G. Altonji & John C. Ham, 1986. "Variation in Employment Growth in Canada: The Role of External, National, Regional and Industrial Factors," NBER Working Papers 1816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph Altonji & John C. Ham, 1985. "Variation in Employment Growth in Canada: The Role of External, National, Regional and Industrial Factors," Working Papers 581, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Carlsson, Bo, 1989. "Flexibility and the theory of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 179-203, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Das, Bhaskar J & Chappell, William F & Shughart, William F, II, 1993. "Demand Fluctuations and Firm Heterogeneity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 51-60, March.
- Mills, David E, 1984. "Demand Fluctuations and Endogenous Firm Flexibility," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 55-71, September.
- Mills, David E., 1986. "Flexibility and firm diversity with demand fluctuations," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 203-215, June.
- Mills, David E & Schumann, Laurence, 1985. "Industry Structure with Fluctuating Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 758-67, September.
- Weiss, Christoph R., 2001. "On flexibility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 347-356, November.
- Renner, Swetlana & Pieniadz, Agata, 2008. "Conceptualisation of family farms’ flexibility," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44126, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nuria Villalba Villalba, 2006. "Cost Flexibility and Firm Size: An Application to Spanish Manufacturing," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 429-446.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.