Mimicking vs. counter-programming strategies for television programs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Information Economics and Policy.
Volume (Year): 15 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- LABBE, Martine & PEETERS, Dominique & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1993.
"Location on Networks,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1993040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Greenberg, Edward & Barnett, Harold J, 1971. "TV Program Diversity-New Evidence and Old Theories," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 89-93, May.
- Beebe, Jack H, 1977. "Institutional Structure and Program Choices in Television Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 15-37, February.
- Spence, A Michael & Owen, Bruce, 1977. "Television Programming, Monopolistic Competition, and Welfare," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 103-26, February.
- Robert W. Crandall, 1972. "FCC Regulation, Monopsony, and Network Television Program Costs," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 3(2), pages 483-508, Autumn.
- Steven C. Salop, 1979. "Monopolistic Competition with Outside Goods," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 141-156, Spring.
- Ravid, S Abraham, 1999. "Information, Blockbusters, and Stars: A Study of the Film Industry," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(4), pages 463-92, October.
- Tore Nilssen & Lars Sørgard, 1998. "Time Schedule and Program Profile: TV News in Norway and Denmark," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 209-235, 06.
- Papandrea, Franco, 1997. "Modelling television programming choices," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 203-218, September.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1989. "Quality variations and maximal variety differentiation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 21-29, February.
- Machiel Dijk & Richard Nahuis & Daniel Waagmeester, 2006.
"Does Public Service Broadcasting Serve The Public? The Future of Television in the Changing Media Landscape,"
Springer, vol. 154(2), pages 251-276, June.
- Machiel van Dijk & Richard Nahuis & Daniel Waagmeester, 2005. "Does Public Service Broadcasting Serve The Public? The Future Of Television In The Changing Media Landscape," Working Papers 05-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Machiel van Dijk & Richard Nahuis & DaniÃ«l Waagmeester, 2005. "Does public service broadcasting serve the public? The future of television in the changing media landscape," CPB Discussion Paper 43, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Choi, Jay Pil, 2006. "Broadcast competition and advertising with free entry: Subscription vs. free-to-air," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 181-196, June.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2006.
"The Making of Cultural Policy: A European Perspective,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2005. "The Making of Cultural Policy: A European Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 1524, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roberto Roson, 2008.
"Price Discrimination and Audience Composition in Advertising-Based Broadcasting,"
Journal of Media Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 234-257.
- Roberto Roson, 2007. "Price Discrimination and Audience Composition in Advertising-Based Broadcasting," Working Papers 2007_07, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Ramon Casadesus-Masanell & Feng Zhu, 2009. "Strategies to Fight Ad-sponsored Rivals," Working Papers 09-09, NET Institute, revised Sep 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.