The software industry and India's economic development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Information Economics and Policy.
Volume (Year): 14 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549
Other versions of this item:
- Arora, Ashish & Athreye, Suma, 2001. "The Software Industry and India's Economic Development," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- Tarun Khann & Krishna Palepu, 2004. "The Evolution of Concentrated Ownership in India Broad patterns and a History of the Indian Software Industry," NBER Working Papers 10613, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vinoj Abraham & K.J. Joseph, 2008.
"Information Technology and Productivity: Evidence From India's Manufacturing Sector,"
- K.J Joseph & Vinoj Abraham, 2007. "Information technology and productivity: Evidence from India's manufacturing sector," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 389, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Devashish Mitra & Priya Ranjan, 2005.
"Y2K and Offshoring: The Role of External Economies and Firm Heterogeneity,"
NBER Working Papers
11718, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Devashish Mitra & Priya Ranjan, 2005. "Y2K and Offshoring: The Role of External Economies and Firm Heterogeneity," Working Papers 050605, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Suma Athreye & Martha Prevezer, 2008. "R&D offshoring and the domestic science base in India and China," Working Papers 26, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Bertrand Bellon & Adel Ben Youssef & Hatem M’Henni, 2007.
"Les capacités d'usage des technologies de l'information et de la communication dans les économies émergentes,"
Armand Colin, vol. 0(4), pages 919-936.
- Bertrand Bellon & Adel Ben Youssef & Hatem M'Henni, 2007. "Les capacités d'usage des technologies de l'information et de la communication dans les économies émergentes," Post-Print halshs-00937214, HAL.
- BELLON, Bertrand & BEN YOUSSEF, Adel & M'HENNI, Hatem, 2007.
"Les Capacités D’Usage Des Technologies De L’Information Et De La Communication Dans Les Économies Émergentes
[Usage capacities of ICTs in emergent economies]," MPRA Paper 27538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Basant, Rakesh & Rani Uma, . "Labour Market Deepening in the Indian Information Technology Industry: An Exploratory Analysis," IIMA Working Papers WP2004-06-06, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Supriyo De, 2007. "Software Production, Human Capital and Endogenous Growth: Theoretical Analysis and Empirical Evidence from India," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_007, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Matthew Clarke, 2006. "Are the development policy implications of the new economy, new? All that is old is new again," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 639-648.
- Niosi, Jorge & Tschang, F. Ted, 2008.
"Comparing Chinese and the Indian Software MNCs: Domestic and Export Market Strategies and Their Interplay,"
MERIT Working Papers
050, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Niosi, Jorge & Tschang, F. Ted, 2008. "Comparing Chinese and the Indian Software MNCs: Domestic and Export Market Strategies and Their Interplay," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 050, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Ashish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella, 2005.
"The Globalization of the Software Industry: Perspectives and Opportunities for Developed and Developing Countries,"
in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 5, pages 1-32
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Asish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella, 2004. "The Globalization of the Software Industry: Perspectives and Opportunities for Developed and Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 10538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- D'Costa, Anthony P., 2006. "Exports, university-industry linkages, and innovation challenges in Bangalore, India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3887, The World Bank.
- Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "Information Technology and India’s Economic Development," Development and Comp Systems 0412007, EconWPA.
- Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin, 2003. "Went for Cost, Stayed for Quality?: Moving the Back Office to India," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt0b7764tt, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Florian Arun Taeube, 2004. "Proximities and Innovation Evidence from the Indian IT Industry in Bangalore," DRUID Working Papers 04-10, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Basant, Rakesh, . "US-India Technology Co-operation and Capability Building: The Role of Inter-firm Alliances in Knowledge Based Industries," IIMA Working Papers WP2003-02-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Kapur, Sandeep, 2002. "Developing Countries in the New Economy: The Role of Demand-side Initiatives," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin, 2007. "The Next Wave of Globalization: Relocating Service Provision to India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 772-791, May.
- Seema Joshi, 2009. "IT and ITES as an Engine of Growth : An Exploration into the Indian Experience," Development Economics Working Papers 22926, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- R. Venkatesan & Wilima Wadhwa & M.R. Saluja & Rupa Malik & Bibek Ray Chaudhuri & Kanika Kalra & Sujit Basu & R. Chandrashekhar & S. P. Singh & Vineeta Dixit, 2007. "India : E-Readiness Assessment Report 2005," Development Economics Working Papers 22178, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.