Cross-listed cross-currency assets and arbitrage with forwards and options
AbstractThis work attempts to integrate the twin-structure of arbitrage operations in both securities and currency markets. By looking into cross-listed and cross-currency stocks in several exchanges, it is found that arbitrage is indeed a viable option, since price differences of the same assets exist in a numéraire currency at the same instant of time. Taking advantage of such arbitrage opportunities, profit is made first in the assets trade, and then the initial profit is churned further in an iterative arbitrage process in the currency market where arbitrage is covered by forward and option contracts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Global Finance Journal.
Volume (Year): 21 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162
Arbitrage Cross Listing Derivatives Forward Contracts Options Contracts Iterative Profit;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ghosh, Dilip K, 1997. "Profit Multiplier in Covered Currency Trading with Leverage," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 391-409, May.
- D. K. Ghosh, 1997. "Arbitrage with hedging by forward contracts: exploited and exploitable profits," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 349-361.
- Kenneth R. French & James M. Poterba, 1991.
"Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
3609, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- French, Kenneth R & Poterba, James M, 1991. "Investor Diversification and International Equity Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 222-26, May.
- Ghosh, Dilip K. & Ghosh, Dipasri, 2005. "Covered arbitrage with currency options: A theoretical analysis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 86-98, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.