A dual description of the class of games with a population monotonic allocation scheme
AbstractA vector of balanced weights infers an inequality that games with a nonempty core obey.This paper gives a generalization of the notion `vector of balanced weights'.Herewith it provides necessary and sufficient conditions to determine whether a TU-game has a population monotonic allocation scheme or not. Furthermore it shows that every 4-person integer valued game with a population monotonic allocation scheme has an integer valued population monotonic allocation scheme and it gives an example of a 7-person integer valued game that has only non-integer valued population monotonic allocation schemes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Games and Economic Behavior.
Volume (Year): 41 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622836
Other versions of this item:
- Norde, H.W. & Reijnierse, J.H., 2000. "A Dual Description of the Class of Games with a Population Monotonic Allocation Scheme," Discussion Paper 2000-99, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moulin, H, 1990. "Cores and Large Cores When Population Varies," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 219-32.
- Sprumont, Yves, 1990. "Population monotonic allocation schemes for cooperative games with transferable utility," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 378-394, December.
- Jesús Getán & Jesús Montes, 2010. "On cooperative games with large monotonic core," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 493-508, December.
- Barış Çiftçi & Peter Borm & Herbert Hamers, 2010.
"Population monotonic path schemes for simple games,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 205-218, August.
- Ciftci, B.B. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2006. "Population Monotonic Path Schemes for Simple Games," Discussion Paper 2006-113, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Slikker, M. & Norde, H.W., 2008.
"The Monoclus of a Coalitional Game,"
2008-6, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jesus Fco. Getan Olivan & Jesus Montes & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 2006. "On the monotonic core," Working Papers in Economics 155, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Jesus Getan & Jesus Montes, 2008. "A characterization of cooperative TU-games with large monotonic core," Working Papers in Economics 193, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.