The effects of mutual fund managers' characteristics on their portfolio performance, risk and fees
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Financial Services Review.
Volume (Year): 5 (1996)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.rmi.gsu.edu/FSR/FSRhome.htm
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prather, Larry J. & Middleton, Karen L., 2006. "Timing and selectivity of mutual fund managers: An empirical test of the behavioral decision-making theory," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 249-273, June.
- Detzel, F. Larry & Weigand, Robert A., 1998. "Explaining Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 45-55.
- Gottesman, Aron & Morey, Matthew, 2012. "Mutual fund corporate culture and performance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 69-81.
- Mehri, Meryem, 2014. "The Differential Effects of Law, Culture and Political Risk on Fees, Performance and Risk-Taking Behavior of Islamic and Conventional Funds," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/13099, Paris Dauphine University.
- Vassilis Babalos & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Philippas, 2013.
"Measuring Alpha in the Fund Management Industry: Do Female Managers Perform Better?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4275, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vassilios Babalos & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Philippas, 2013. "Measuring Alpha in the Fund Management Industry: Do Female Managers Perform Better?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1300, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Porter, Gary E. & Trifts, Jack W., 1998. "Performance Persistence of Experienced Mutual Fund Managers," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 57-68.
- Anastasia Petraki & Anna Zalewska, . "With whom and in what is it better to save? Personal pensions in the UK Abstract: This paper studies the relationship between fund and provider characteristics, and fund performance using a sample of ," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 13/304, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Jisun Yu & Sung Kim, 2013. "Understanding liability of foreignness in an Asian business context: A study of the Korean asset management industry," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 1191-1217, December.
- Bertin, William J. & Prather, Laurie, 2009. "Management structure and the performance of funds of mutual funds," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(12), pages 1364-1369, December.
- Omar Masood & Bora Aktan & Sahil Chaudhary, 2009. "The investment decision-making process from a risk manager's perspective: a survey," Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 106-120, June.
- Fadhila HAMZA & Anis JARBOUI, 2012. "Investor’s Commitment Bias and Escalation of Firm’s Investment Decision," Economia. Seria Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(2), pages 327-345, December.
- Kempf, Alexander & Pütz, Alexander & Sonnenburg, Florian, 2013. "The impact of duality on managerial decisions and performance: Evidence from the mutual fund industry," CFR Working Papers 12-06 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Prather, Laurie & Bertin, William J. & Henker, Thomas, 2004. "Mutual fund characteristics, managerial attributes, and fund performance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 305-326.
- Mohammad Reza TAVAKOLI BAGHDADABAD & Afsaneh NOORI HOUSHYAR, 2014. "Productivity and Efficiency Evaluation of US Mutual Funds," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 64(2), pages 120-143, March.
- Gottesman, Aron A. & Morey, Matthew R., 2006. "Manager education and mutual fund performance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-182, March.
- Karagiannidis, Iordanis, 2012. "The effect of management team characteristics on risk-taking and style extremity of mutual fund portfolios," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 153-158.
- Manuel Ammann & Markus Leuenberger & Heinrich von Wyss, 2005. "Eigenschaften von Verwaltungsräten und Unternehmensperformance," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 141(I), pages 1-22, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.