Price clustering on the limit-order book: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 8 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sopranzetti, Ben J. & Datar, Vinay, 2002. "Price clustering in foreign exchange spot markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 411-417, October.
- Charles M. Jones & Owen A. Lamont, 2001.
"Short Sale Constraints and Stock Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
8494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duffie, Darrell & Garleanu, Nicolae & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2002. "Securities lending, shorting, and pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 307-339.
- Hee-Joon Ahn, 2001. "Limit Orders, Depth, and Volatility: Evidence from the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 767-788, 04.
- Victor Niederhoffer, 1965. "A New Look at Clustering of Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 309.
- Duffie, Darrell, 1996. " Special Repo Rates," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 493-526, June.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
- Diamond, Douglas W. & Verrecchia, Robert E., 1987. "Constraints on short-selling and asset price adjustment to private information," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 277-311, June.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Sarig, Oded & Wohl, Avi, 2001. "Do investors prefer round stock prices? Evidence from Israeli IPO auctions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1543-1551, August.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-61, September.
- Grossman, Sanford J, et al, 1997. "Clustering and Competition in Asset Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 23-60, April.
- Brown, Philip & Chua, Angeline & Mitchell, Jason, 2002. "The influence of cultural factors on price clustering: Evidence from Asia-Pacific stock markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 307-332, June.
- Geoffrey Booth, G. & Kallunki, Juha-Pekka & Lin, Ji-Chai & Martikainen, Teppo, 2000. "Internalization and stock price clustering: Finnish evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 737-751, October.
- Oded Palmon & Barton A. Smith & Ben J. Sopranzetti, 2004. "Clustering in Real Estate Prices: Determinants and Consequences," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 26(2), pages 115-136.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-46, June.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1996.
"Bank deposit rate clustering: theory and empirical evidence,"
9604, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Charles Kahn & George Pennacchi & Ben Sopranzetti, 1999. "Bank Deposit Rate Clustering: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2185-2214, December.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-50.
- Miller, Edward M, 1977. "Risk, Uncertainty, and Divergence of Opinion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1151-68, September.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Smyth, Russell, 2013.
"Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 125-130.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2011. "Has political instability contributed to price clustering on Fiji's stock market?," Financial Econometics Series 2011_03, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan & D'Rosario, Michael, 2011. "Share price clustering in Mexico," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 113-119, April.
- Meng, Lei & Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "A substitution effect between price clustering and size clustering in credit default swaps," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 139-152.
- Verousis, Thanos & ap Gwilym, Owain, 2013. "Trade size clustering and the cost of trading at the London Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 91-102.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen, 2012. "Penny Wise, Dollar Foolish: Buy-Sell Imbalances On and Around Round Numbers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(2), pages 413-431, February.
- Alasdair Brown & Fuyu Yang, 2013. "Limited Cognition and Clustered Asset Prices," University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series 054, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.