Specialist participation and limit orders
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 6 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Biais & David Martimort & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Competing Mechanisms in a Common Value Environment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 799-838, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Martimort, David & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Competing Mechanisms in a Commun Value Environment," IDEI Working Papers 75, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Chakravarty Sugato & Holden Craig W., 1995.
"An Integrated Model of Market and Limit Orders,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 213-241, July.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-50.
- Back, Kerry, 1992. "Insider Trading in Continuous Time," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(3), pages 387-409.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Sofianos, George, 1998. "An empirical analysis of NYSE specialist trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 189-210, May.
- Leach, J Chris & Madhavan, Ananth N, 1993.
"Price Experimentation and Security Market Structure,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 375-404.
- Chris J. Leach & Ananth N. Madhavan, . "Price Experimentation and Security Market Structure," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 20-92, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1989. "Informed Speculation with Imperfect Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 317-55, July.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Hughson, Eric, 1997.
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 69-101.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1991. "Risk Aversion, Market Liquidity, and Price Efficiency," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 416-41.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Spiegel, Matthew, 1991.
"Insiders, Outsiders, and Market Breakdowns,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(2), pages 255-82.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Smidt, Seymour, 1993. " An Analysis of Changes in Specialist Inventories and Quotations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1595-1628, December.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre & Spatt, Chester, 1995. " An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1655-89, December.
- Dennert, Jurgen, 1993. "Price Competition between Market Makers," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 735-51, July.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-61, September.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1989. "Insider Trading, Liquidity, and the Role of the Monopolist Specialist," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 211-35, April.
- Visaltanachoti, Nuttawat & Charoenwong, Charlie & Ding, David K., 2008. "Liquidity distribution in the limit order book on the stock exchange of Thailand," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 291-311.
- Frino, Alex & Lecce, Steven & Segara, Reuben, 2011. "The impact of trading halts on liquidity and price volatility: Evidence from the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 298-307, June.
- Bülent, Köksal, 2008. "Participation Strategy of the NYSE Specialists to the Trades," MPRA Paper 30512, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vo, Minh T., 2007. "Limit orders and the intraday behavior of market liquidity: Evidence from the Toronto stock exchange," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 379-396, 03.
- Castellano, Rosella & Cerqueti, Roy, 2011. "The optimal bid/ask spread in a Specialist System," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2247-2253, September.
- Köksal, Bülent, 2010. "Participation strategy of the NYSE specialists to the posted quotes," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 314-331, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.