Market architecture: limit-order books versus dealership markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 5 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Biais, Bruno & Foucault, Thierry & Salanie, Francois, 1998. "Floors, dealer markets and limit order markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 253-284, September.
- Back, Kerry & Zender, Jaime F, 1993. "Auctions of Divisible Goods: On the Rationale for the Treasury Experiment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(4), pages 733-64.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Stoll, Hans R, 1983. " The Dynamics of Dealer Markets under Competition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1053-74, September.
- Biais, Bruno, 1993. " Price Information and Equilibrium Liquidity in Fragmented and Centralized Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 157-85, March.
- Bruno Biais & David Martimort & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Competing Mechanisms in a Common Value Environment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 799-838, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Martimort, David & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Competing Mechanisms in a Commun Value Environment," IDEI Working Papers 75, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1989. "Insider Trading, Liquidity, and the Role of the Monopolist Specialist," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 211-35, April.
- Dan Bernhardt & Eric Hughson, 1993.
888, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Whinston, Michael D, 1986. "Menu Auctions, Resource Allocation, and Economic Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 101(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Seierstad, Atle & Sydsaeter, Knut, 1977. "Sufficient Conditions in Optimal Control Theory," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 367-91, June.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1989. "Informed Speculation with Imperfect Competition," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(3), pages 317-55, July.
- Wilson, Robert, 1979. "Auctions of Shares," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 675-89, November.
- Oliver Hansch & Narayan Y. Naik & S. Viswanathan, 1998. "Do Inventories Matter in Dealership Markets? Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1623-1656, October.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Pirrong, Craig, 1999. "The organization of financial exchange markets: Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 329-357, November.
- Degryse, Hans, 1997.
"The Total Cost of Trading Belgian Shares: Brussels versus London,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1581, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Degryse, Hans, 1999. "The total cost of trading Belgian shares: Brussels versus London," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1331-1355, September.
- Degryse, H.A., 1996. "The total cost of trading Belgian shares: Brussels versus London," Discussion Paper 1996-105, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Tychon, Pierre, 1993. "Competition Among European Financial Markets : The Case of Cross-Listed Belgian Equities," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1993014, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-61, September.
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-50.
- Cassola, Nuno & Ewerhart, Christian & Morana, Claudio, 2007.
"Structural econometric approach to bidding in the main refinancing operations of the Eurosystem,"
Working Paper Series
0793, European Central Bank.
- Cassola, Nuno & Ewerhart, Christian & Morana, Claudio, 2007. "Structural econometric approach to bidding in the main refinancing operations of the Eurosystem," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 19, pages 81-90.
- Nuno Cassola & Christian Ewerhart & Claudio Morana, 2006. "Structural Econometric Approach to Bidding in the Main refinancing Operations of the Eurosystem," ICER Working Papers 26-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Sylvain Mignot & Gabriele Tedeschi & Annick Vignes, 2012. "An Agent Based Model of Switching: The Case of Boulogne S/mer Fish Market," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 15(2), pages 3.
- José Ramón Martínez-Resano, 2005. "Size and heterogeneity matter. A microstructure-based analysis of regulation of secondary markets for governments bonds," Banco de Espaï¿½a Occasional Papers 0501, Banco de Espa�a.
- Daniëls, Tijmen R. & Dönges, Jutta & Heinemann, Frank, 2013.
"Crossing network versus dealer market: Unique equilibrium in the allocation of order flow,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 41-57.
- Jutta Dönges & Frank Heinemann & Tijmen R. Daniëls, 2013. "Crossing Network versus Dealer Market: Unique Equilibrium in the Allocation of Order Flow," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-007, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ingrid Lo & Stephen G. Sapp, 2007. "Order Aggressiveness and Quantity: How Are They Determined in a Limit Order Market?," Working Papers 07-23, Bank of Canada.
- Gomber, Peter & Sagade, Satchit & Theissen, Erik & Weber, Moritz Christian & Westheide, Christian, 2013. "Competition/fragmentation in equities markets: A literature survey," SAFE Working Paper Series 35, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2010.
"Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 30-43, January.
- Christian Ewerhart & Nuno Cassola & Natacha Valla, 2007. "Declining Valuations And Equilibrium Bidding In Central Bank Refinancing Operations," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 07-22, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha, 2006. "Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations," Working Paper Series 0668, European Central Bank.
- Sylvain Friederich & Richard Payne, 2002. "Dealer liquidity in an auction market: evidence fom the London Stock Exchange," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24947, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- David Abad & Antonio Rubia, 2005. "Modelos De Estimacion De La Probabilidad De Negociacion Informada: Una Comparacion Metodologica En El Mercado Español," Working Papers. Serie EC 2005-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Nicolas Audet & Toni Gravelle & Jing Yang, 2002. "Alternative Trading Systems: Does One Shoe Fit All?," Working Papers 02-33, Bank of Canada.
- Nimalendran, M. & Petrella, Giovanni, 2003. "Do 'thinly-traded' stocks benefit from specialist intervention?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1823-1854, September.
- Cassola, N. & Ewerhart , C. & Valla, N., 2006. "Declining Valuations and Equilibrium Bidding Central Bank Refinancing Operations," Working papers 151, Banque de France.
- Hans Degryse & Mark Van Achter & Gunther Wuyts, 2004.
"Dynamic order Submission Strategies with Competition between a Dealer Market and a Crossing Network,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces0415, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Degryse, Hans & Van Achter, Mark & Wuyts, Gunther, 2009. "Dynamic order submission strategies with competition between a dealer market and a crossing network," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 319-338, March.
- Hans Degryse & Mark Van Achter & Gunther Wuyts, 2007. "Dynamic order submission strategies with competition between a dealer market and a crossing network," Working Paper Research 121, National Bank of Belgium.
- Degryse, H.A. & Achter, M. van & Wuyts, G., 2007. "Dynamic Order Submission Strategies with Competition between a Dealer Market and a Crossing Network," Discussion Paper 2007-017, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Polimenis, Vassilis, 2005. "Slow and fast markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 576-593.
- Perotti, Pietro & Rindi, Barbara, 2010. "Market makers as information providers: The natural experiment of STAR," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 895-917, December.
- J.Ramon Martinez-Resano, 2005. "Size And Heterogeneity Matter. A Microstructure-Based Analysis Of Regulation Of Secondary Markets For Government Bonds," Finance 0508007, EconWPA.
- Hall, Anthony D. & Hautsch, Nikolaus, 2007. "Modelling the buy and sell intensity in a limit order book market," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 249-286, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.