The informativeness of domestic and foreign investors' stock trades: Evidence from the perfectly segmented Chinese market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Financial Markets.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Easley & Maureen O'Hara & P.S. Srinivas, 1998. "Option Volume and Stock Prices: Evidence on Where Informed Traders Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 431-465, 04.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1991. " Measuring the Information Content of Stock Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 179-207, March.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1995. " One Security, Many Markets: Determining the Contributions to Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1175-99, September.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Tarun Ramadorai, 2001. "The Information Content of International Portfolio Flows," NBER Working Papers 8472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harald Hau, 2001. "Location Matters: An Examination of Trading Profits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1959-1983, October.
- Chan, Kalok & Menkveld, Albert J. & Yang, Zhishu, 2006.
"Information Asymmetry and Asset Prices: Evidence from the China Foreign share discount,"
Serie Research Memoranda
0005, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Kalok Chan & Albert J. Menkveld & Zhishu Yang, 2008. "Information Asymmetry and Asset Prices: Evidence from the China Foreign Share Discount," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(1), pages 159-196, 02.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Asani Sarkar & Lifan Wu, 1998.
"Information asymmetry, market segmentation, and the pricing of cross-listed shares: theory and evidence from Chinese A and B shares,"
9820, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & Sarkar, Asani & Wu, Lifan, 1998. "Information asymmetry, market segmentation and the pricing of cross-listed shares: theory and evidence from Chinese A and B shares," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 325-356, December.
- Stephan, Jens A & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. " Intraday Price Change and Trading Volume Relations in the Stock and Stock Option Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 191-220, March.
- Grinblatt, Mark & Keloharju, Matti, 2000. "The investment behavior and performance of various investor types: a study of Finland's unique data set," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 43-67, January.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1990. "The Dynamics of Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 441-468, December.
- Zhian Chen & Hai Jiang & Donghui Li & Ah Boon Sim, 2010. "Regulation Change and Volatility Spillovers: Evidence from China's Stock Markets," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(6), pages 140-157, November.
- He, Yan & Wang, Junbo & Wu, Chunchi, 2013. "Domestic versus foreign equity shares: Which are more costly to trade in the Chinese market?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 465-481.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Ozoguz, Arzu & Tan, Hongping & Wirjanto, Tony S., 2012. "Do foreigners facilitate information transmission in emerging markets?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 209-227.
- Chen, Jing & Buckland, Roger & Williams, Julian, 2011. "Regulatory changes, market integration and spillover effects in the Chinese A, B and Hong Kong equity markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 351-373, September.
- Weber, Enzo & Zhang, Yanqun, 2012.
"Common influences, spillover and integration in Chinese stock markets,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 382-394.
- Enzo Weber & Yanqun Zhang, 2008. "Common Influences, Spillover and Integration in Chinese Stock Markets," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-072, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Fong, Wai Mun, 2009. "Speculative trading and stock returns: A stochastic dominance analysis of the Chinese A-share market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 712-727, October.
- Lin, William & Tsai, Shih-Chuan & Sun, David, 2010.
"Search costs and investor trading activity: evidences from limit order book,"
37284, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2011.
- William T. Lin & Shih-Chuan Tsai & David S. Sun, 2012. "Search Costs and Investor Trading Activity: Evidence from Limit Order Books," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(3), pages 4-30, May.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2009.
"China'S Financial Market Integration With The World,"
Working Paper Series
2009-10, China Economic Research Center, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Anders Johansson, 2010. "China's financial market integration with the world," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 293-314.
- Doukas, John A. & Wang, Liu, 2013. "Information asymmetry, price discovery, and the Chinese B-share discount puzzle," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1116-1135.
- Chen, Li-Wen & Johnson, Shane A. & Lin, Ji-Chai & Liu, Yu-Jane, 2009. "Information, sophistication, and foreign versus domestic investors' performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1636-1651, September.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Mico Loretan & Tientip Subhanij & Eric Chan, 2010.
"Private information, stock markets, and exchange rates,"
BIS Papers chapters,
in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The international financial crisis and policy challenges in Asia and the Pacific, volume 52, pages 186-210
Bank for International Settlements.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Mico Loretan & Tientip Subhanij & Eric Chan, 2009. "Private information, stock markets, and exchange rates," Working Papers 2009-07, Economic Research Department, Bank of Thailand.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Mico Loretan & Tientip Subhanij & Eric Chan, 2009. "Private information, stock markets, and exchange rates," BIS Working Papers 271, Bank for International Settlements.
- Johansson, Anders C. & Feng, Xunan, 2013. "The State Advances, the Private Sector Retreats: Firm Effects of China’s Great Stimulus Program," Working Paper Series 2013-25, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Johansson, Anders C. & Feng, Xunan, 2013. "CEO Incentives in Chinese State-Controlled Firms," Working Paper Series 2013-27, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Lin, Kuan-Pin & Menkveld, Albert J. & Yang, Zhishu, 2009. "Chinese and world equity markets: A review of the volatilities and correlations in the first fifteen years," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Wong, Woon K. & Tan, Dijun & Tian, Yixiang, 2009. "Informed trading and liquidity in the Shanghai Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 66-73, March.
- He, Yinghua & Nielsson, Ulf & Guo, Hong & Yang, Jiong, 2012. "Subscribing to Transparency," TSE Working Papers 12-351, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Nov 2013.
- Eric Girardin & Dijun Tan & Woon K. Wong, 2010. "Information Content of Order Flow and Cross-market Portfolio Rebalancing: Evidence for the Chinese Stock, Treasury and Corporate Bond Markets," Working Papers 022010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Gau, Yin-Feng & Hua, Mingshu & Wu, Wen-Lin, 2010. "International asset allocation for incompletely-informed investors," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 422-447, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.