Fast approximations of bond option prices under CKLS models
AbstractA new computational method for approximating prices of zero-coupon bonds and bond option prices under general Chan–Karolyi–Longstaff–Schwartz models is proposed. The pricing partial differential equations are discretized using second-order finite difference approximations and an exponential time integration scheme combined with best rational approximations based on the Carathéodory–Fejér procedure is employed for solving the resulting semi-discrete equations. The algorithm has a linear computational complexity and provides accurate bond and European bond option prices. We give several numerical results which illustrate the computational efficiency of the algorithm and uniform second-order convergence rates for the computed bond and bond option prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Finance Research Letters.
Volume (Year): 8 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl
Interest rate models; Bond options; Finite differences; Exponential time integration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Choi, Youngsoo & Wirjanto, Tony S., 2007. "An analytic approximation formula for pricing zero-coupon bonds," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 116-126, June.
- Sorwar, Ghulam & Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Allegretto, Walter, 2007. "Valuation of derivatives based on single-factor interest rate models," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 251-269.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.