The spirit of capitalism? Ethnicity, religion, and self-employment in early 20th century Canada
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Explorations in Economic History.
Volume (Year): 42 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cole, Arthur H., 1944. "A Report on Research in Economic History," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 49-72, May.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 1996. "Ethnic and Racial Self-Employment Differences and Possible Explanations," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(4), pages 757-793.
- Borjas, George J, 1985. "Assimilation, Changes in Cohort Quality, and the Earnings of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 463-89, October.
- Sarachek, Bernard, 1978. "American Entrepreneurs and the Horatio Alger Myth," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 439-456, June.
- Hughes, Jonathan, 1986. "The Vital Few: The Entrepreneur and American Economic Progress," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195040388.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 1942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rizov, Marian, 2003. "Endogenous production organization during market liberalization: farm level evidence from Romania," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 171-187, June.
- Green, Alan & MacKinnon, Mary, 2001. "The Slow Assimilation of British Immigrants in Canada: Evidence from Montreal and Toronto, 1901," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 315-338, July.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1989.
"Consumer Discrimination and Self-employment,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 581-605, June.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-27, August.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 1991. "Jewish immigrant skill and occupational attainment at the turn of the century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 64-86, January.
- Blau, David M., 1986. "Self-employment, earnings, and mobility in Peninsular Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 839-852, July.
- Timothy J. Hatton, 2010.
"The Cliometrics Of International Migration: A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 941-969, December.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2010. "The Cliometrics of International Migration: A Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 7803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2010. "The Cliometrics of International Migration: A Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 4900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oliver Falck & Ludger Woessmann, 2013.
"School competition and students’ entrepreneurial intentions: international evidence using historical Catholic roots of private schooling,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 459-478, February.
- Falck, Oliver & Woessmann, Ludger, 2010. "School Competition and Students' Entrepreneurial Intentions: International Evidence Using Historical Catholic Roots of Private Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 5024, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oliver Falck & Ludger Woessmann, 2010. "School Competition and Students' Entrepreneurial Intentions: International Evidence Using Historical Catholic Roots of Private Schooling," CESifo Working Paper Series 3086, CESifo Group Munich.
- Audretsch, David B & Bönte, Werner & Tamvada, Jagannadha Pawan, 2007.
"Religion and Entrepreneurship,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6378, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nunziata, Luca & Rocco, Lorenzo, 2011. "The Implications of Cultural Background on Labour Market Choices: The Case of Religion and Entrepreneurship," IZA Discussion Papers 6114, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.