The Impact of a Lender of Last Resort during the Great Depression: The Case of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Explorations in Economic History.
Volume (Year): 32 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622830
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James L. Butkiewicz, 2006. "Eugene Meyer: From Laissez Faire to the Keynesian Revolution," Working Papers 06-09, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Mason, Joseph R. & Weidenmier, Marc & Bobroff, Katherine, 2013.
"The effects of reconstruction finance corporation assistance on Michigan's banks' survival in the 1930s,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 526-547.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason & Marc Weidenmier & Katherine Bobroff, 2012. "The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance on Michigan’s Banks’ Survival in the 1930s," NBER Working Papers 18427, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James L. Butkiewicz, 2013. "Eugene Meyer and the German Influence on the Origin of U.S. Federal Financial Rescues," Working Papers 13-09, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2013. "The Federal Reserve and Financial Regulation: The First Hundred Years," NBER Working Papers 19292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregor Weiß, 2012. "Analysing contagion and bailout effects with copulae," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2007. "Micro-aspects of monetary policy: Lender of Last Resort and selection of banks in pre-war Japan," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 657-679, October.
- James L. Butkiewicz, 2011. "The German Influence on the Origin of U.S. Federal Financial Rescues," Working Papers 11-19, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Joseph Mason, 2001. "Do Lender of Last Resort Policies Matter? The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance to Banks During the Great Depression," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 77-95, September.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2013. "The Federal Reserve and Panic Prevention: The Roles of Financial Regulation and Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 27(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Walker F. Todd, 1992. "History of and rationales for the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 22-35.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.