Service-based business concepts: A typology for business-to-business markets
AbstractSummary Manufacturing industries are increasingly applying alternative business concepts, transforming traditional buyer-supplier relationships into new exchange models of deliveries and payments. In scientific debates on this phenomenon, however, there exist neither consistent terms nor standardised characteristics. This article aims to provide a set of parameters that relate the broad variety of scientific papers in this field of research to a common framework. By applying this framework to multiple case studies, a preliminary typology of new business concepts emerges. These findings have implications for managerial decisions on adopting new business concepts. Our work also suggests future research directions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 27 (2009)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cocchi, Andrea, 2011. "Business models as systemic instruments for the evolution of traditional districts?," MPRA Paper 33766, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wei Qian & Roger Burritt, 2011. "Lease and service for product life-cycle management: an accounting perspective," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 214-230, September.
- Mattes, Katharina & Lerch, Christian & Schröter, Marcus & Phan, Kim-Anh, 2011. "Anwendungsfelder mobiler Energiespeicher - Eine Bestandsaufnahme und Perspektiven für die Konzeption aussichtsreicher Geschäftsmodelle für Elektrofahrzeuge," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S2/2011, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Dachs, Bernhard & Biege, Sabine & Borowiecki, Marcin & Lay, Gunther & Jäger, Angela & Schartinger, Doris, 2012. "The Servitization of European Manufacturing Industries," MPRA Paper 38873, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kley, Fabian, 2011. "Neue Geschäftsmodelle zur Ladeinfrastruktur," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S5/2011, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Kley, Fabian & Lerch, Christian & Dallinger, David, 2011. "New business models for electric cars--A holistic approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3392-3403, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.