How to Sustain the Customer Experience:: An Overview of Experience Components that Co-create Value With the Customer
AbstractNowadays the experience factor plays an increasingly important role in determining the success of a company's offering. The literature on Customer Experience is growing fast and the debate among scholars and practitioners is fervent. While many studies explore such theme from a theoretical viewpoint, tools aimed at supporting marketing managers in devising the right stimuli to support an excellent Customer Experience are still scarce. In this perspective, this study sheds some light on the concept of Customer Experience, and on how the right environment and setting for the desired Customer Experience should be created in such a way as to contribute to the value creation for customers and the company itself. Drawing from the results of a survey submitted to several groups of customers, this paper attempts to understand the specific role of different experiential features in the success achieved by some well-known products. Following the empirical investigation, this work also suggests an interpretative model to support the marketing manager in generating the proper stimuli to activate the various components of the Customer Experience.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 25 (2007)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lokshin, Boris & Gils, Anita van & Bauer, Eva, 2008.
"Crafting Firm Competencies to Improve Innovative Performance,"
MERIT Working Papers
009, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lokshin, Boris & Gils, Anita Van & Bauer, Eva, 2009. "Crafting firm competencies to improve innovative performance," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 187-196, June.
- Carreira, Rui & Patrício, Lia & Natal Jorge, Renato & Magee, Chris, 2014. "Understanding the travel experience and its impact on attitudes, emotions and loyalty towards the transportation provider–A quantitative study with mid-distance bus trips," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 35-46.
- Carreira, Rui & Patrício, Lia & Natal Jorge, Renato & Magee, Chris & Van Eikema Hommes, Qi, 2013. "Towards a holistic approach to the travel experience: A qualitative study of bus transportation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 233-243.
- Morgan-Thomas, Anna & Veloutsou, Cleopatra, 2013. "Beyond technology acceptance: Brand relationships and online brand experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 21-27.
- DUMITRESCU Luigi & STANCIU Oana & TICHINDELEAN Mihai & VINEREAN Simona, 2012. "The Importance Of Establishing Customer Experiences," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 7(1), pages 56-61, April.
- Manfred Bruhn & Matthias Mayer-Vorfelder, 2011. "Kundenerfahrung als Forschungsgegenstand im Marketing - Konzeptionalisierung, Operationalisierung und empirische Befunde," Working papers 2011/01, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Hélder Ferreira & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "‘Welcome to the experience economy’: assessing the influence of customer experience literature through bibliometric analysis," FEP Working Papers 481, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.