Responsible Leadership and Corporate Social Responsibility:: Metrics for Sustainable Performance
AbstractMany companies have initiated a variety of sustainable development initiatives to address the demands and expectations of society. Although most analysts argue that these initiatives contribute to making businesses more profitable, there are many managers who are not yet convinced of the validity of this argument. The reason is that most sustainable development initiatives have been developed in isolation of business activity and are not yet directly linked to business strategy. One way to strengthen the link between the two is to measure the extent to which a company's performance increases as a result of implementing sustainable development initiatives. This article examines the best available metrics used by twenty major German companies to measure sustainability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 23 (2005)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mikkilä, Mirja & Toppinen, Anne, 2008. "Corporate responsibility reporting by large pulp and paper companies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(7-8), pages 500-506, October.
- Dorel Mihai Paraschiv & Estera Laura Nemoianu & Claudia Adriana Langă & Tünde Szabó, 2012. "Eco-innovation, Responsible Leadership and Organizational Change for Corporate Sustainability," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(32), pages 404-419, June.
- Mert Bilgin, 2009. "The PEARL Model: Gaining Competitive Advantage Through Sustainable Development," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(3), pages 545-554, April.
- Polonsky, Michael Jay, 2011. "Transformative green marketing: Impediments and opportunities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 1311-1319.
- Gunasekaran, Angappa & Spalanzani, Alain, 2012. "Sustainability of manufacturing and services: Investigations for research and applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 35-47.
- Pieters, Reinder & Glockner, Hans-Heinrich & Omta, S.W.F. (Onno) & Weijers, Stef, 2012. "Dutch Logistics Service Providers and Sustainable Physical Distribution: Searching for Focus," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 15(B).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.