Benchmarking new product performance:: Results of the best practices study
AbstractIntroducing new products into the marketplace is essential to a company's competitive position and long-term survival. Robert Cooper investigates the new product performance of a large number of North American and European business units and various best business practices that led to this performance. This novel benchmarking study identifies three main driving factors or best practices which will create winning new product effort.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Management Journal.
Volume (Year): 16 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/115/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kitsios, Fotis C., 2006. "Services marketing in the hospitality economy: An exploratory study," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10043, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Frambach, R.T. & Prabhu, J.C. & Verhallen, T.M.M., 1998. "The influence of business strategy on market orientation and new product activity," Discussion Paper 1998-91, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Yuan Li & Yi Liu & Feng Ren, 2007. "Product innovation and process innovation in SOEs: evidence from the Chinese transition," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 63-85, April.
- Cunha, Miguel Pina e, 2005. "Serendipity: why some organizations are luckier than others," FEUNL Working Paper Series wp472, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia.
- Ellen H.M. Moors & Rogier Donders, 2009. "Understanding consumer needs and preferences in new product development: the case of functional food innovations," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 09-03, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2009.
- Lee, Jong-Ho & Garrett, Tony C. & Self, Donald R. & Findley Musgrove, Carolyn S. ("Casey"), 2012. "Expressive versus instrumental functions on technology attractiveness in the UK and Korea," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1600-1605.
- Frambach, Ruud T. & Prabhu, Jaideep & Verhallen, Theo M.M., 2000. "The influence of business strategy on new product activity : the mediating role of market orientation," Serie Research Memoranda 0034, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.