Advanced Search
MyIDEAS: Login

Why do women pay more than they should? A mixed methods study of the implementation gap in a policy to subsidize the costs of deliveries in Burkina Faso

Contents:

Author Info

  • Ridde, Valéry
  • Kouanda, Seni
  • Yameogo, Maurice
  • Kadio, Kadidiatou
  • Bado, Aristide
Registered author(s):

    Abstract

    In 2007, Burkina Faso launched a public policy to subsidize 80% of the cost of normal deliveries. Although women are required to pay only the remaining 20%, i.e., 900F CFA (1.4 Euros), some qualitative evidence suggests they actually pay more.

    Download Info

    If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
    File URL: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0149718912000705
    Download Restriction: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only

    As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.

    Bibliographic Info

    Article provided by Elsevier in its journal Evaluation and Program Planning.

    Volume (Year): 36 (2013)
    Issue (Month): 1 ()
    Pages: 145-152

    as in new window
    Handle: RePEc:eee:epplan:v:36:y:2013:i:1:p:145-152

    Contact details of provider:
    Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/evalprogplan

    Related research

    Keywords: User fees; Exemption; Deliveries; Implementation gap; Mixed methods; Burkina Faso;

    References

    References listed on IDEAS
    Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
    as in new window
    1. Mathauer, Inke & Carrin, Guy, 2011. "The role of institutional design and organizational practice for health financing performance and universal coverage," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 183-192, March.
    2. Agyepong, Irene Akua & Nagai, Richard A., 2011. ""We charge them; otherwise we cannot run the hospital" front line workers, clients and health financing policy implementation gaps in Ghana," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 226-233, March.
    Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)

    Citations

    Lists

    This item is not listed on Wikipedia, on a reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.

    Statistics

    Access and download statistics

    Corrections

    When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:epplan:v:36:y:2013:i:1:p:145-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.

    For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).

    If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.

    If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.

    If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.

    If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.

    Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.