An overview of biofuel policies across the world
AbstractIn the last decade biofuel production has been driven by governmental policies. This article reviews the national strategy plans of the world's leading producers. Particular attention is dedicated to blending targets, support schemes and feedstock use. Individual country profiles are grouped by continent and include North America (Canada and the US), South America (Argentina, Brazil, and Colombia), Europe (the European Union, France, and Germany), Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand) and Australia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 38 (2010)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Biofuels Policy Renewable energy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamelinck, Carlo N & Faaij, Andre P.C., 2006. "Outlook for advanced biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3268-3283, November.
- Fengxia Dong, 2007.
"Food Security and Biofuels Development: The Case of China,"
Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications
07-bp52, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Fengxia Dong, 2007. "Food Security and Biofuels Development: The Case of China," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 07-bp52, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Rajagopal, Deepak & Zilberman, David, 2007. "Review of environmental, economic and policy aspects of biofuels," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4341, The World Bank.
- Oecd, 2008. "Biofuels: Linking Support to Performance," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2008/7, OECD Publishing.
- Mitchell, Donald, 2008. "A note on rising food prices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4682, The World Bank.
- Brenda López Cabrera, & Franziska Schulz,, 2013. "Volatility linkages between energy and agricultural commodity prices," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-042, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Gbadebo Oladosu & Siwa Msangi, 2013. "Biofuel-Food Market Interactions: A Review of Modeling Approaches and Findings," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(1), pages 53-71, February.
- Dixon, Peter & van Meijl, Hans & Rimmer, Maureen & Shutes, Lindsay & Tabeau, Andrzej, 2013. "RED vs. REDD: Biofuel Policy vs. Forest Conservation," Factor Markets Working Papers 152, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Vincent Martinet, 2012.
"Effect of soil heterogeneity on the welfare economics of biofuel policies,"
2012/01, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Vincent Martinet, 2012. "Effect of soil heterogeneity on the welfare economics of biofuel policies," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-13, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Chrz, Stepan & Hruby, Zdenek & Janda, Karel & Kristoufek, Ladislav, 2013.
"Provazanost trhu potravin, biopaliv a fosilnich paliv
[Interconnections within food, biofuel, and fossil fuel markets]," MPRA Paper 43958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jürgen Blazejczak & Frauke G. Braun & Dietmar Edler & Wolf-Peter Schill, 2011. "Economic Effects of Renewable Energy Expansion: A Model-Based Analysis for Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1156, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Wiloso, Edi Iswanto & Heijungs, Reinout & de Snoo, Geert R., 2012. "LCA of second generation bioethanol: A review and some issues to be resolved for good LCA practice," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5295-5308.
- Geir H. Bjertnæs, 2013. "Biofuel mandate versus favourable taxation of electric cars : The case of Norway," Discussion Papers 745, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Giulia Fiorese & Michela Catenacci & Elena Verdolini & Valentina Bosetti, 2012.
"Advanced Biofuels: Future Perspectives from an Expert Elicitation Survey,"
2012.67, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Fiorese, Giulia & Catenacci, Michela & Verdolini, Elena & Bosetti, Valentina, 2013. "Advanced biofuels: Future perspectives from an expert elicitation survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 293-311.
- de Beer, Jeremy & Smyth, Stuart J., 2012. "International Trade in Biofuels: Legal and Regulatory Issues," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 13(1).
- Banse, Martin & Shutes, Lindsay & Dixon, Peter & Van Meijl, Hans & Rimmer, Maureen & Tabeau, Andrzej & Woltjer,Geert & Rothe, Andrea, 2013. "Factor Markets in General Computable Equilibrium Models," Factor Markets Working Papers 159, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Chen, Shaoqing & Chen, Bin, 2012. "Sustainability and future alternatives of biogas-linked agrosystem (BLAS) in China: An emergy synthesis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3948-3959.
- Shiyan, Chang & Lili, Zhao & Timilsina, Govinda R. & Xiliang, Zhang, 2012. "Development of biofuels in China : technologies, economics and policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6243, The World Bank.
- Banse, Martin & Rothe, Andrea & Tabeau, Andrzej & Van Meijl, Hans & Woltjer,Geert, 2013. "Will improved access to capital dampen the need for more agricultural land? A CGE analysis of agricultural capital markets and world-wide biofuel policies," Factor Markets Working Papers 160, Centre for European Policy Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.