Electricity consumption and associated GHG emissions of the Jordanian industrial sector: Empirical analysis and future projection
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 36 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- den Elzen, Michel & Lucas, Paul & Vuuren, Detlef van, 2005. "Abatement costs of post-Kyoto climate regimes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2138-2151, November.
- Hagem, Cathrine & Kallbekken, Steffen & Maestad, Ottar & Westskog, Hege, 2005. "Enforcing the Kyoto Protocol: sanctions and strategic behavior," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2112-2122, November.
- Aunan, Kristin & Fang, Jinghua & Vennemo, Haakon & Oye, Kenneth & Seip, Hans M., 2004. "Co-benefits of climate policy--lessons learned from a study in Shanxi, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 567-581, March.
- Tso, Geoffrey K.F. & Yau, Kelvin K.W., 2007. "Predicting electricity energy consumption: A comparison of regression analysis, decision tree and neural networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1761-1768.
- Kolstad, Charles D., 2005. "The simple analytics of greenhouse gas emission intensity reduction targets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(17), pages 2231-2236, November.
- Jaber, J. O. & Mohsen, M. S. & Al-Sarkhi, A. & Akash, B., 2003. "Energy analysis of Jordan's commercial sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 887-894, July.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2005. "The marginal damage costs of carbon dioxide emissions: an assessment of the uncertainties," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2064-2074, November.
- Ghaddar, Nesreen & Mezher, Toufic, 1999. "Modeling of current and future energyintensity and greenhouse gas emissions ofthe Lebanese industrial sector: assessmentof mitigation options," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 53-74, May.
- Al-Hinti, I. & Al-Ghandoor, A. & Akash, B. & Abu-Nada, E., 2007. "Energy saving and CO2 mitigation through restructuring Jordan's transportation sector: The diesel passenger cars scenario," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 5003-5011, October.
- Jaber, J. O., 2002. "Greenhouse gas emissions and barriers to implementation in the Jordanian energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 385-395, April.
- Jaber, J. O. & Mohsen, M. S. & Probert, S. D. & Alees, M., 2001. "Future electricity-demands and greenhouse-gas emissions in Jordan," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 1-18, May.
- Jaber, J. O. & Al-Sarkhi, A. & Akash, B. A. & Mohsen, M. S., 2004. "Medium-range planning economics of future electrical-power generation options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 357-366, February.
- Pokharel, Shaligram, 2007. "An econometric analysis of energy consumption in Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 350-361, January.
- Kuntsi-Reunanen, E., 2007. "A comparison of Latin American energy-related CO2 emissions from 1970 to 2001," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 586-596, January.
- Jebaraj, S. & Iniyan, S., 2006. "A review of energy models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 281-311, August.
- Jaber, Jamal O., 2002. "Future energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in Jordanian industries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Manne, Alan & Richels, Richard, 2004. "US rejection of the Kyoto Protocol: the impact on compliance costs and CO2 emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 447-454, March.
- Paul, Shyamal & Bhattacharya, Rabindra Nath, 2004. "CO2 emission from energy use in India: a decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 585-593, March.
- O'Mahoney, Amy & Denny, Eleanor, 2011.
"Electricity Prices and Generator Behaviour in Gross Pool Electricity Markets,"
34847, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O'Mahoney, Amy & Denny, Eleanor, 2013. "Electricity prices and generator behaviour in gross pool electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 628-637.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wu, Ya & Zhang, Li, 2011. "Estimates of the potential for energy conservation in the Chinese steel industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3680-3689, June.
- Saidur, R. & Mahlia, T.M.I., 2010. "Energy, economic and environmental benefits of using high-efficiency motors to replace standard motors for the Malaysian industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4617-4625, August.
- Sumer, Kutluk Kagan & Goktas, Ozlem & Hepsag, Aycan, 2009. "The application of seasonal latent variable in forecasting electricity demand as an alternative method," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1317-1322, April.
- Al-Ghandoor, Ahmed & Jaber, Jamal & Al-Hinti, Ismael & Abdallat, Yousef, 2013. "Statistical assessment and analyses of the determinants of transportation sector gasoline demand in Jordan," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 129-138.
- Saidur, R. & Rahim, N.A. & Ping, H.W. & Jahirul, M.I. & Mekhilef, S. & Masjuki, H.H., 2009. "Energy and emission analysis for industrial motors in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3650-3658, September.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "The sensitivity of the South African industrial sector’s electricity consumption to electricity price fluctuations," Working Papers 201225, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- BoroumandJazi, G. & Rismanchi, B. & Saidur, R., 2013. "A review on exergy analysis of industrial sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 198-203.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.