Fostering a renewable energy technology industry: An international comparison of wind industry policy support mechanisms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Menanteau, Philippe & Finon, Dominique & Lamy, Marie-Laure, 2003. "Prices versus quantities: choosing policies for promoting the development of renewable energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 799-812, June.
- Cavaliero, Carla Kazue Nakao & Da Silva, Ennio Peres, 2005. "Electricity generation:: regulatory mechanisms to incentive renewable alternative energy sources in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(13), pages 1745-1752, September.
- Liu, Wen-Qiang & Gan, Lin & Zhang, Xi-Liang, 2002. "Cost-competitive incentives for wind energy development in China: institutional dynamics and policy changes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 753-765, July.
- Kamp, Linda M. & Smits, Ruud E. H. M. & Andriesse, Cornelis D., 2004. "Notions on learning applied to wind turbine development in the Netherlands and Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(14), pages 1625-1637, September.
- D. Finon & Philippe Menanteau, 2003. "The Static and Dynamic Efficiency of Instruments of Promotion of Renewables," Post-Print halshs-00001300, HAL.
- Ryan Wiser & Kevin Porter & Robert Grace, 2005. "Evaluating Experience with Renewables Portfolio Standards in the United States," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 237-263, April.
- Bird, Lori & Bolinger, Mark & Gagliano, Troy & Wiser, Ryan & Brown, Matthew & Parsons, Brian, 2005. "Policies and market factors driving wind power development in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1397-1407, July.
- Rajsekhar, B. & Van Hulle, F. & Jansen, J. C., 1999. "Indian wind energy programme: performance and future directions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 669-678, October.
- Rowlands, Ian H., 2005. "Envisaging feed-in tariffs for solar photovoltaic electricity: European lessons for Canada," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 51-68, February.
- Mitchell, Catherine, 1995. "The renewables NFFO: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(12), pages 1077-1091, December.
- Mitchell, C. & Bauknecht, D. & Connor, P.M., 2006. "Effectiveness through risk reduction: a comparison of the renewable obligation in England and Wales and the feed-in system in Germany," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 297-305, February.
- Langniss, Ole & Wiser, Ryan, 2003. "The renewables portfolio standard in Texas: an early assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 527-535, May.
- Lew, Debra J., 2000. "Alternatives to coal and candles: wind power in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 271-286, April.
- Lauber, Volkmar, 2004. "REFIT and RPS: options for a harmonised Community framework," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1405-1414, August.
- Doranova, Asel & Costa, Ionara & Duysters, Geert, 2010. "Knowledge base determinants of technology sourcing in clean development mechanism projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5550-5559, October.
- Yang, Ming & Nguyen, François & De T'Serclaes, Philippine & Buchner, Barbara, 2010. "Wind farm investment risks under uncertain CDM benefit in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1436-1447, March.
- Reichenbach, Johanna & Requate, Till, 2012.
"Subsidies for renewable energies in the presence of learning effects and market power,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 236-254.
- Johanna Reichenbach & Till Requate, 2011. "Subsidies for Renewable Energies in the Presence of Learning Effects and Market Power," Kiel Working Papers 1689, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Lam, J.C.K. & Woo, C.K. & Kahrl, F. & Yu, W.K., 2013. "What moves wind energy development in China? Show me the money!," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 423-429.
- Mani, Swaminathan & Dhingra, Tarun, 2013. "Critique of offshore wind energy policies of the UK and Germany—What are the lessons for India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 900-909.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong, 2013. "From lagging to leading? Technological innovation systems in emerging economies and the case of Chinese wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 234-250.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E. & Menyah, Kojo & Wolde-Rufael, Yemane, 2010. "On the causal dynamics between emissions, nuclear energy, renewable energy, and economic growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2255-2260, September.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong, 2014. "Prospects for global market expansion of China’s wind turbine manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 301-318.
- White, Lee V. & Lloyd, Bob & Wakes, Sarah J., 2013. "Are Feed-in Tariffs suitable for promoting solar PV in New Zealand cities?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 167-178.
- Nasiri, Masoud & Ramazani Khorshid-Doust, Reza & Bagheri Moghaddam, Nasser, 2013. "Effects of under-development and oil-dependency of countries on the formation of renewable energy technologies: A comparative study of hydrogen and fuel cell technology development in Iran and the Net," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 588-598.
- Shen, Yung-Chi & Lin, Grace T.R. & Li, Kuang-Pin & Yuan, Benjamin J.C., 2010. "An assessment of exploiting renewable energy sources with concerns of policy and technology," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4604-4616, August.
- Zhang, Sufang & Andrews-Speed, Philip & Zhao, Xiaoli, 2013. "Political and institutional analysis of the successes and failures of China’s wind power policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 331-340.
- Markard, Jochen & Petersen, Regula, 2009. "The offshore trend: Structural changes in the wind power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3545-3556, September.
- Sahoo, Anshuman & Shrimali, Gireesh, 2013. "The effectiveness of domestic content criteria in India's Solar Mission," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1470-1480.
- Sebitosi, A.B. & Pillay, P., 2008. "Renewable energy and the environment in South Africa: A way forward," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3312-3316, September.
- Lema, Adrian & Ruby, Kristian, 2007. "Between fragmented authoritarianism and policy coordination: Creating a Chinese market for wind energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3879-3890, July.
- Urpelainen, Johannes, 2011. "Export orientation and domestic electricity generation: Effects on energy efficiency innovation in select sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5638-5646, September.
- Liou, Hwa Meei, 2011. "Wind power in Taiwan: Policy and development challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3238-3251, June.
- Stokes, Leah C., 2013. "The politics of renewable energy policies: The case of feed-in tariffs in Ontario, Canada," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 490-500.
- Kaldellis, J.K., 2011. "Critical evaluation of financial supporting schemes for wind-based projects: Case study Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2490-2500, May.
- Zhang, Sufang & Andrews-Speed, Philip & Zhao, Xiaoli & He, Yongxiu, 2013. "Interactions between renewable energy policy and renewable energy industrial policy: A critical analysis of China's policy approach to renewable energies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 342-353.
- Mani, Swaminathan & Dhingra, Tarun, 2013. "Offshore wind energy policy for India—Key factors to be considered," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 672-683.
- Yao, Lixia & Chang, Youngho, 2014. "Energy security in China: A quantitative analysis and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 595-604.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Cornelis van Kooten, G. & Narbel, Patrick A., 2013. "Global wind power development: Economics and policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 642-652.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.