A panel cointegration analysis of the demand for oil in the Middle East
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- World Bank, 2006. "World Development Indicators 2006," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8151, March.
- Smyth, Russell & Inder, Brett, 2004. "Is Chinese provincial real GDP per capita nonstationary?: Evidence from multiple trend break unit root tests," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-24.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2008. "Evidence of panel stationarity from Chinese provincial and regional income," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 274-286, June.
- Al-faris, Abdul-razak F., 1997. "Demand for oil products in the GCC countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 55-61, January.
- Dale S. Rothman & J. Ho Hong & Timothy D. Mount, 1994. "Estimating Consumer Energy Demand Using International Data: Theoretical and Policy Implications," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 67-88.
- Paul Brenton, 1997.
"Estimates of the demand for energy using cross-country consumption data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(7), pages 851-859.
- Brenton, P., 1995. "Estimates of the Demand for Energy Using Cross-Country Consumption Data," Discussion Papers 95-25, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Paresh Narayan, 2008. "Is Asian per capita GDP panel stationary?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 439-449, June.
- Kalymon, Basil A., 1975. "Economic incentives in OPEC oil pricing policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 337-362, December.
- Al-Iriani, Mahmoud A., 2006. "Energy-GDP relationship revisited: An example from GCC countries using panel causality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3342-3350, November.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1992.
"Tests for Parameter Instability in Regressions with I(1) Processes,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 321-35, July.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 2002. "Tests for Parameter Instability in Regressions with I(1) Processes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 45-59, January.
- Abdel-Khalek, Gouda, 1988. "Income and price elasticities of energy consumption in Egypt : A time-series analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 47-58, January.
- Al-Sahlawi, Mohammed A., 1988. "Gasoline demand : The case of Saudi Arabia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 271-275, October.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- Tom Doan, . "SWDOLS: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using dynamic OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00207, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- PareshKumar Narayan, 2004. "Are Output Fluctuations Transitory? New Evidence From 24 Chinese Provinces," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 327-336, December.
- Seale, James Jr. & Walker, Wayne E. & Kim, In-Moo, 1991. "The demand for energy : Cross-country evidence using the Florida model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 33-40, January.
- Fiebig, Denzil G. & Seale, James & Theil, Henri, 1987. "The demand for energy : Evidence from a cross-country demand system," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 149-153, July.
- Scott, K. Rebecca, 2011.
"Demand and price volatility: rational habits in international gasoline demand,"
CUDARE Working Paper Series
1122, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Scott, K. Rebecca, 2011. "Demand and Price Volatility: Rational Habits in International Gasoline Demand," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2q87432b, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Ghosh, Sajal, 2009. "Import demand of crude oil and economic growth: Evidence from India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 699-702, February.
- Wie, Jiegen & Wennlock, Magnus & Johansson, Daniel J.A. & Sterner, Thomas, 2011. "The Fossil Endgame: Strategic Oil Price Discrimination and Carbon Taxation," Discussion Papers dp-11-26, Resources For the Future.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2011. "Trade and energy consumption in the Middle East," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 739-749, September.
- Nourah Al Yousef, 2013. "Demand for Oil Products in OPEC Countries: A Panel Cointegration Analysis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(2), pages 168-177.
- Scott, K. Rebecca, 2013.
"Demand and Price Uncertainty: Rational Habits in International Gasoline Demand,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt25q4w08n, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Scott, K. Rebecca, 2013. "Demand and Price Uncertainty: Rational Habits in International Gasoline Demand," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1131, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Chin Wen Cheong, 2010. "A Variance Ratio Test of Random Walk in Energy Spot Markets," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 8(1), pages 105-117, January.
- Selien De Schryder & Gert Peersman, 2013. "The U.S. Dollar Exchange Rate and the Demand for Oil," CESifo Working Paper Series 4126, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cheong, Chin Wen, 2009. "Modeling and forecasting crude oil markets using ARCH-type models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2346-2355, June.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Wong, Philip, 2009. "A panel data analysis of the determinants of oil consumption: The case of Australia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2771-2775, December.
- Kumar Narayan, Paresh & Narayan, Seema & Popp, Stephan, 2010. "Energy consumption at the state level: The unit root null hypothesis from Australia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 1953-1962, June.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2009. "Renewable energy consumption and income in emerging economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4021-4028, October.
- Fei, Li & Dong, Suocheng & Xue, Li & Liang, Quanxi & Yang, Wangzhou, 2011. "Energy consumption-economic growth relationship and carbon dioxide emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 568-574, February.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John, 2009. "Gradual reforms and the emergence of energy market in China: Evidence from tests for convergence of energy prices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4834-4850, November.
- de Freitas, Luciano Charlita & Kaneko, Shinji, 2011. "Ethanol demand in Brazil: Regional approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2289-2298, May.
- Raphael Espinoza, 2012. "Government Spending, Subsidies and Economic Efficiency in the GCC," OxCarre Working Papers 095, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.