Public policy and biofuels: The way forward?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ryan, Lisa & Convery, Frank & Ferreira, Susana, 2006. "Stimulating the use of biofuels in the European Union: Implications for climate change policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3184-3194, November.
- Greene, David L. & Hopson, Janet L. & Li, Jia, 2006. "Have we run out of oil yet? Oil peaking analysis from an optimist's perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 515-531, March.
- Bentley, R. W., 2002. "Global oil & gas depletion: an overview," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 189-205, February.
- Bomb, Christian & McCormick, Kes & Deurwaarder, Ewout & Kaberger, Tomas, 2007. "Biofuels for transport in Europe: Lessons from Germany and the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2256-2267, April.
- van der Laak, W.W.M. & Raven, R.P.J.M. & Verbong, G.P.J., 2007. "Strategic niche management for biofuels: Analysing past experiments for developing new biofuel policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3213-3225, June.
- Botha, Tyron & von Blottnitz, Harro, 2006. "A comparison of the environmental benefits of bagasse-derived electricity and fuel ethanol on a life-cycle basis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2654-2661, November.
- Shapouri, Hosein & Duffield, James A. & Graboski, Michael S., 1995. "Estimating the Net Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol," Agricultural Economics Reports 34005, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- François Bourguignon & Sylvie Lambert & Akiko suwa-Eisenmann, 2004.
"Trade exposure and income volatility in cash-crop exporting developing countries,"
Research Unit Working Papers
0408, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- François Bourguignon, 2004. "Trade exposure and income volatility in cash-crop exporting developing countries," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 31(3), pages 369-387, September.
- Romm, Joseph, 2006. "The car and fuel of the future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2609-2614, November.
- Adamson, Kerry-Ann, 2004. "Hydrogen from renewable resources--the hundred year commitment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1242, July.
- Campbell, C.J., 2006. "The Rimini Protocol an oil depletion protocol: Heading off economic chaos and political conflict during the second half of the age of oil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 1319-1325, August.
- Hallock, John L. & Tharakan, Pradeep J. & Hall, Charles A.S. & Jefferson, Michael & Wu, Wei, 2004. "Forecasting the limits to the availability and diversity of global conventional oil supply," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1673-1696.
- Brown, Marilyn A. & Levine, Mark D. & Short, Walter & Koomey, Jonathan G., 2001. "Scenarios for a clean energy future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(14), pages 1179-1196, November.
- Tad Patzek & S.-M. Anti & R. Campos & K. ha & J. Lee & B. Li & J. Padnick & S.-A. Yee, 2005. "Ethanol From Corn: Clean Renewable Fuel for the Future, or Drain on Our Resources and Pockets?," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 319-336, 09.
- Mitchell, Catherine & Connor, Peter, 2004. "Renewable energy policy in the UK 1990-2003," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(17), pages 1935-1947, November.
- Goldemberg, Jose & Teixeira Coelho, Suani, 2004. "Renewable energy--traditional biomass vs. modern biomass," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 711-714, April.
- Henke, J.M. & Klepper, G. & Schmitz, N., 2005. "Tax exemption for biofuels in Germany: Is bio-ethanol really an option for climate policy?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 2617-2635.
- Ramesohl, Stephan & Merten, Frank, 2006. "Energy system aspects of hydrogen as an alternative fuel in transport," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1251-1259, July.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-48, December.
- Faaij, Andre P.C., 2006. "Bio-energy in Europe: changing technology choices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 322-342, February.
- Reiche, Danyel & Bechberger, Mischa, 2004. "Policy differences in the promotion of renewable energies in the EU member states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 843-849, May.
- Vincent Martinet, 2012.
"Effect of soil heterogeneity on the welfare economics of biofuel policies,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2012-13, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Vincent Martinet, 2012. "Effect of soil heterogeneity on the welfare economics of biofuel policies," Working Papers 2012/01, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Charles, Michael B. & Ryan, Rachel & Oloruntoba, Richard & Heidt, Tania von der & Ryan, Neal, 2009. "The EU-Africa Energy Partnership: Towards a mutually beneficial renewable transport energy alliance?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5546-5556, December.
- Vera Castillo, Y.B. & Pritchard, H.W. & Frija, A. & Chellattan Veettil, P. & Cuevas Sanchez, J.A. & Van Damme, P. & Van Huylenbroeck, G., 2014. "Production viability and farmers’ willingness to adopt Jatropha curcas L. as a biofuel source in traditional agroecosystems in Totonacapan, Mexico," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 42-49.
- Mohr, Alison & Raman, Sujatha, 2013. "Lessons from first generation biofuels and implications for the sustainability appraisal of second generation biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 114-122.
- Ramírez Triana, Carlos Ariel, 2011. "Energetics of Brazilian ethanol: Comparison between assessment approaches," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 4605-4613, August.
- Perdiguero, Jordi & Jiménez, Juan Luis, 2011. "Sell or not sell biodiesel: Local competition and government measures," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1525-1532, April.
- Valentine, Scott Victor, 2011. "Emerging symbiosis: Renewable energy and energy security," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4572-4578.
- Sherrington, Chris & Bartley, Justin & Moran, Dominic, 2008. "Farm-level constraints on the domestic supply of perennial energy crops in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2504-2512, July.
- Ziegler, Andreas, 2012. "Individual characteristics and stated preferences for alternative energy sources and propulsion technologies in vehicles: A discrete choice analysis for Germany," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1372-1385.
- Huang, Jikun & Yang, Jun & Msangi, Siwa & Rozelle, Scott & Weersink, Alfons, 2012. "Biofuels and the poor: Global impact pathways of biofuels on agricultural markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 439-451.
- Blanco, Luisa & Isenhouer, Michelle, 2010. "Powering America: The impact of ethanol production in the Corn Belt states," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1228-1234, November.
- Michael B. Charles & Neal Ryan & Robbert A. Kivits, 2012. "Moving towards sustainable intercity transport: a case study of high-speed rail in Australia," International Journal of Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 15(1/2), pages 125-147.
- Schuetzenmeister, Falk, 2009. "Global Warming And Lifestyle Choices: A Discussion Paper," Institute of European Studies, Working Paper Series qt6xs1c91n, Institute of European Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Abila, Nelson, 2014. "Biofuels adoption in Nigeria: Attaining a balance in the food, fuel, feed and fibre objectives," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 347-355.
- Nasiri, Fuzhan & Zaccour, Georges, 2009. "An exploratory game-theoretic analysis of biomass electricity generation supply chain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4514-4522, November.
- Antonio Lopolito & Maurizio Prosperi & Roberta Sisto, 2009. "Socio-Economic Implications Of The Development Of A Bio-Refinery: An Analysis With Fuzzy Cognitive Maps," Quaderni DSEMS 19-2009, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Mafakheri, Fereshteh & Nasiri, Fuzhan, 2014. "Modeling of biomass-to-energy supply chain operations: Applications, challenges and research directions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 116-126.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.