A reactor-level analysis of busbar costs for US nuclear plants, 1970-2005
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lough, W. Timothy & White, K. Preston, 1990. "A critical review of nuclear power plant decommissioning planning studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 471-479, June.
- Geoffrey Rothwell, 2006. "A Real Options Approach to Evaluating New Nuclear Power Plants," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 87-54.
- Luke Reedman & Paul Graham & Peter Coombes, 2006. "Using a Real-Options Approach to Model Technology Adoption Under Carbon Price Uncertainty: An Application to the Australian Electricity Generation Sector," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages S64-S73, 09.
- McCabe, Mark J, 1996. "Principals, Agents, and the Learning Curve: The Case of Steam-Electric Power Plant Design and Construction," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(4), pages 357-75, December.
- James G. Hewlett, 1996. "Economic and Regulatory Factors Affecting the Maintenance of Nucleaer Power Plants," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-31.
- John M. Marshall & Peter Navarro, 1991. "Costs of Nuclear Power Plant Construction: Theory and New Evidence," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 148-154, Spring.
- Cowan, Robin, 1990. "Nuclear Power Reactors: A Study in Technological Lock-in," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 50(03), pages 541-567, September.
- Rothwell, Geoffrey, 1996. "Organizational Structure and Expected Output at Nuclear Power Plants," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 482-88, August.
- McDonald, Alan & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2001. "Learning rates for energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 255-261, March.
- Joskow, Paul L & Rozanski, George A, 1979.
"The Effects of Learning by Doing on Nuclear Plant Operating Reliability,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 161-68, May.
- P. L. Joskow & G. A. Rozanski, 1977. "The Effects of Learning by Doing on Nuclear Plant Operating Reliability," Working papers 209, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Rothwell, Geoffrey, 1990. "Utilization and service : Decomposing nuclear reactor capacity factors," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 215-229, September.
- Sunder, Sankar & Stephenson, John R. & Hochman, David, 1999. "Statistical Factors Affecting the Success of Nuclear Operations," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 62-68, June.
- Jonathan Koomey & Paul Craig & Ashok Gadgil & David Lorenzetti, 2003. "Improving Long-Range Energy Modeling: A Plea for Historical Retrospectives," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 75-92.
- David, Paul A. & Rothwell, Geoffrey S., 1996. "Measuring standardization: An application to the American and French nuclear power industries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 291-308, September.
- David, Paul A & Maude-Griffin, Roland & Rothwell, Geoffrey, 1996. "Learning by Accident? Reductions in the Risk of Unplanned Outages in U.S. Nuclear Power Plants after Three Mile Island," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 175-98, September.
- Hewlett, James G., 1992. "The operating costs and longevity of nuclear power plants : Evidence from the USA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 608-622, July.
- Peter Navarro, 1988. "Comparative Energy Policy: The Economics of Nuclear Power in Japan and the United States," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-15.
- Bokenkamp, Karl & LaFlash, Hal & Singh, Virinder & Bachrach Wang, Devra, 2005. "Hedging Carbon Risk: Protecting Customers and Shareholders from the Financial Risk Associated with Carbon Dioxide Emissions," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 11-24, July.
- repec:reg:wpaper:539 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geoffrey S. Rothwell, 2000. "The Risk of Early Retirement of U.S. Nuclear Power Plants under Electricity Deregulation and CO2 Emission Reductions," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 61-87.
- Ghanadan, Rebecca & Koomey, Jonathan G., 2005. "Using energy scenarios to explore alternative energy pathways in California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1117-1142, June.
- Nemet, Gregory F., 2006. "Beyond the learning curve: factors influencing cost reductions in photovoltaics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3218-3232, November.
- Collingridge, D., 1984. "Lessons of nuclear power French `success' and the breeder," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 189-200, June.
- Boccard, Nicolas, 2014.
"The cost of nuclear electricity: France after Fukushima,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 450-461.
- Nicolas Boccard, 2013. "The Cost of Nuclear Electricity: France after Fukushima," CEPR Discussion Papers 687, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Delina, Laurence L. & Diesendorf, Mark, 2013. "Is wartime mobilisation a suitable policy model for rapid national climate mitigation?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 371-380.
- Linares, Pedro & Conchado, Adela, 2013.
"The economics of new nuclear power plants in liberalized electricity markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages S119-S125.
- Adela Conchado & Pedro Linares, 2010. "The Economics of New Nuclear Power Plants in Liberalized Electricity Markets," Working Papers 04-2010, Economics for Energy.
- Nemet, Gregory F., 2009. "Interim monitoring of cost dynamics for publicly supported energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 825-835, March.
- Harris, Grant & Heptonstall, Phil & Gross, Robert & Handley, David, 2013. "Cost estimates for nuclear power in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 431-442.
- Dowds, Jonathan & Hines, Paul D.H. & Blumsack, Seth, 2013. "Estimating the impact of fuel-switching between liquid fuels and electricity under electricity-sector carbon-pricing schemes," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 76-88.
- Jacobson, Mark Z. & Delucchi, Mark A., 2011. "Providing all global energy with wind, water, and solar power, Part I: Technologies, energy resources, quantities and areas of infrastructure, and materials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1154-1169, March.
- Grubler, Arnulf, 2010. "The costs of the French nuclear scale-up: A case of negative learning by doing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5174-5188, September.
- McNerney, James & Doyne Farmer, J. & Trancik, Jessika E., 2011. "Historical costs of coal-fired electricity and implications for the future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3042-3054, June.
- Besmann, Theodore M., 2010. "Projections of US GHG reductions from nuclear power new capacity based on historic levels of investment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2431-2437, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.