Efficiency evaluation of the state owned electric utilities in India
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 17 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ghosh, Sajal, 2002. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 125-129, January.
- K.P. Kannan & N. Vijayamohanan Pillai, 2000. "Plight of the power sector in India: SEBs and their saga of inefficiency," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India 308, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Jamasb, T. & Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M., 2004. "'Core Indicators for Determinants and Performance of Electricity Sector in Developing Countries’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0438, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Golany, B & Roll, Y, 1989. "An application procedure for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 237-250.
- Sharma, D. Parameswara & Nair, P. S. Chandramohanan & Balasubramanian, R., 2005. "Performance of Indian power sector during a decade under restructuring: a critique," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 563-576, March.
- Thakur, Tripta & Deshmukh, S. G. & Kaushik, S. C. & Kulshrestha, Mukul, 2005. "Impact assessment of the Electricity Act 2003 on the Indian power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1187-1198, June.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2013. "A comparative study among fossil fuel power plants in PJM and California ISO by DEA environmental assessment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 130-145.
- CÃ©line Guivarch & Sandrine Mathy, 2012.
"Energy-GDP decoupling in a second best world--a case study on India,"
- CÃ©line Guivarch & Sandrine Mathy, 2012. "Energy-GDP decoupling in a second best worldâ€”a case study on India," Climatic Change, Springer, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 339-356, July.
- Sandrine Mathy & CÃ©line Guivarch, 2009.
"What if energy decoupling of emerging economies were not so spontaneous ? An illustrative example on India,"
CIRED Working Papers
- Sandrine Mathy & CÃ©line Guivarch, 2009. "What if energy decoupling of emerging economies were not so spontaneous? An illustrative example on India," Post-Print halshs-00366274, HAL.
- Estache, Antonio & Tovar, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2008.
"How efficient are African electricity companies? Evidence from the Southern African countries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1969-1979, June.
- Antonio Estache & B. Tovar & Lourdes Trujillo, 2008. "How efficient are African Electricity Companies? Evidence from the Southern African Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43909, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sandrine Mathy & CÃ©line Guivarch, 2009. "Climate policies : what if emerging country baseline were not so optimistic? - a case study related to India," CIRED Working Papers halshs-00366276, HAL.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika & Ueno, Takahiro, 2010. "Performance analysis of US coal-fired power plants by measuring three DEA efficiencies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1675-1688, April.
- Fang, Hong & Wu, Junjie & Zeng, Catherine, 2009. "Comparative study on efficiency performance of listed coal mining companies in China and the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5140-5148, December.
- Garg, Amit & Maheshwari, Jyoti & Mahapatra, Diptiranjan & Kumar, Satish, 2011. "Economic and environmental implications of demand-side management options," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3076-3085, June.
- Mathy, Sandrine & Guivarch, Céline, 2010.
"Climate policies in a second-best world--A case study on India,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1519-1528, March.
- Sandrine Mathy & CÃ©line Guivarch, 2010. "Climate policies in a second-best world- a case study on India," Post-Print halshs-00724498, HAL.
- Kabir Malik & Maureen Cropper & Alexander Limonov & Anoop Singh, 2011. "Estimating the Impact of Restructuring on Electricity Generation Efficiency: The Case of the Indian Thermal Power Sector," NBER Working Papers 17383, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barros, Carlos P. & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2007. "The determinants of cost efficiency of hydroelectric generating plants: A random frontier approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4463-4470, September.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00866443 is not listed on IDEAS
- Min-Ren Yan & Kuo-Ming Chien, 2013. "Evaluating the Economic Performance of High-Technology Industry and Energy Efficiency: A Case Study of Science Parks in Taiwan," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 973-987, February.
- Taniguchi, Mariko & Kaneko, Shinji, 2009. "Operational performance of the Bangladesh rural electrification program and its determinants with a focus on political interference," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2433-2439, June.
- Yadav, Vinod Kumar & Padhy, N.P. & Gupta, H.O., 2011. "Performance evaluation and improvement directions for an Indian electric utility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7112-7120.
- Bhattacharya, Soma & Cropper, Maureen L., 2010. "Options for Energy Efficiency in India and Barriers to Their Adoption: A Scoping Study," Discussion Papers, Resources For the Future dp-10-20, Resources For the Future.
- Liu, C.H. & Lin, Sue J. & Lewis, Charles, 2010. "Evaluation of thermal power plant operational performance in Taiwan by data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1049-1058, February.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2011. "Operational synergy in the US electric utility industry under an influence of deregulation policy: A linkage to financial performance and corporate value," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 699-713, February.
- Sözen, Adnan & Alp, Ihsan & Özdemir, Adnan, 2010. "Assessment of operational and environmental performance of the thermal power plants in Turkey by using data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6194-6203, October.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00366276 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.