Cost functions and the electric utility industry. A contribution to the debate on deregulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mark J. Roberts, 1986. "Economies of Density and Size in the Production and Delivery of Electric Power," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(4), pages 378-387.
- Newbery, David M., 2002. "Problems of liberalising the electricity industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 919-927, May.
- Randy A. Nelson. & Walter J. Primeaux, Jr., 1988. "The Effects of Competition on Transmission and Distribution Costs in the Municipal Electric Industry," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(4), pages 338-346.
- Andrew N. Kleit & Dek Terrell, 2001. "Measuring Potential Efficiency Gains From Deregulation Of Electricity Generation: A Bayesian Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(3), pages 523-530, August.
- Newbery, David M & Pollitt, Michael G, 1997. "The Restructuring and Privatization of Britain's CEGB--Was It Worth It?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 269-303, September.
- Faye Steiner, 2000. "Regulation, Industry Structure and Performance in the Electricity Supply Industry," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 238, OECD Publishing.
- Nelson, Randy A & Wohar, Mark E, 1983. "Regulation, Scale Economies, and Productivity in Steam-Electric Generation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(1), pages 57-79, February.
- Laurits R. Christensen & William H. Greene, 1978. "An Econometric Assessment of Cost Savings from Coordination in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(2), pages 139-155.
- Nemoto, Jiro & Nakanishi, Yasuo & Madono, Seishi, 1993. "Scale Economies and Over-capitalization in Japanese Electric Utilities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(2), pages 431-60, May.
- H. Craig Petersen, 1975. "An Empirical Test of Regulatory Effects," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(1), pages 111-126, Spring.
- Pescatrice, Donn R. & Trapani, John III, 1980. "The performance and objectives of public and private utilities operating in the United States," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 259-276, April.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-76, August.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A General Index of Technical Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 20-41, February.
- Herbert G. Thompson, Jr. & Lynda L. Wolf, 1993. "Regional Differences in Nuclear and Fossil-Fuel Generation of Electricity," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(3), pages 234-248.
- Evans, David S & Heckman, James J, 1984. "A Test for Subadditivity of the Cost Function with an Application to the Bell System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 615-23, September.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1984. "Parametric Efficiency Tests, Economies of Scale, and Input Demand in U.S. Electric Power Generation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 647-62, October.
- Dong-Soo Koh & Sanford V. Berg & Lawrence W. Kenny, 1996. "A Comparison of Costs in Privately Owned and Publicly Owned Electric Utilities: The Role of Scale," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(1), pages 56-65.
- Goto, Mika & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2009. "Productivity growth and deregulation of Japanese electricity distribution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3130-3138, August.
- Iglesias, Guillermo & Castellanos, Pablo & Seijas, Amparo, 2010. "Measurement of productive efficiency with frontier methods: A case study for wind farms," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 1199-1208, September.
- Arocena, Pablo, 2008. "Cost and quality gains from diversification and vertical integration in the electricity industry: A DEA approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 39-58, January.
- Pablo Arocena, 2005. "The measurement of scope, scale and diversification economies: How (in)efficient is electricity restructuring and unbundling?," Working Papers 2005/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Ali Akkemik, K., 2009. "Cost function estimates, scale economies and technological progress in the Turkish electricity generation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 204-213, January.
- Keller, Andreas, 2010. "Competition effects of mergers: An event study of the German electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5264-5271, September.
- Oikonomou, Vlasis & Jepma, Catrinus & Becchis, Franco & Russolillo, Daniele, 2008. "White Certificates for energy efficiency improvement with energy taxes: A theoretical economic model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 3044-3062, November.
- Guido Tapia Carpio, Lucio & Olimpio Pereira, Amaro Jr, 2006. "Independent operation by subsystems: Strategic behavior for the Brazilian electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 2964-2976, November.
- Filippini, Massimo & Wetzel, Heike, 2013. "The Impact of Ownership Unbundling on Cost Efficiency: Empirical Evidence from the New Zealand Electricity Distribution Sector," EWI Working Papers 2013-6, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln.
- Yannick Pérez & Francisco Javier Ramos-Real, 2007. "Desintegración vertical y regulación del subsistema eléctrico canario," Revista de Estudios Regionales, Universidades Públicas de Andalucía, vol. 3, pages 171-192.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz & Francisco Ramos-Real, 2011. "The effect of output specification on the optimal policy design for electric utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 62-81, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.