Economies of integration in the Spanish electricity industry using a multistage cost function
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kwoka, John E., 2002. "Vertical economies in electric power: evidence on integration and its alternatives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 653-671, May.
- Hattori, Toru & Tsutsui, Miki, 2004. "Economic impact of regulatory reforms in the electricity supply industry: a panel data analysis for OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 823-832, April.
- Gilsdorf, Keith, 1994. "Vertical integration efficiencies and electric utilities: A cost complementarity perspective," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 261-282.
- Mark J. Roberts, 1986. "Economies of Density and Size in the Production and Delivery of Electric Power," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(4), pages 378-387.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz & Eduardo Martínez-Budría & Cristiín Cortés & Leonardo Basso, 2002. "A multioutput cost function for the services of Spanish ports' infrastructure," Transportation, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 419-437, November.
- Newbery, David M., 2002. "Problems of liberalising the electricity industry," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(4-5), pages 919-927, May.
- Evans, David S & Heckman, James J, 1984. "A Test for Subadditivity of the Cost Function with an Application to the Bell System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 615-23, September.
- Roland Meyer, 2011. "Vertical Economies and the Costs of Separating Electricity Supply – A Review of Theoretical and Empirical Literature," Bremen Energy Working Papers 0006, Bremer Energie Institut.
- Thomas Triebs & David S. Saal & Pablo Arocena & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012. "Estimating Economies of Scale and Scope with Flexible Technology," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Paper No. 142, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Ade Ibiwoye & Shunsuke Managi, 2011. "Nigeria’ Power Sector: Analysis of Productivity," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/10, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Goto, Mika & Inoue, Tomohiro & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2013. "Structural reform of Japanese electric power industry: Separation between generation and transmission & distribution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 186-200.
- Garcia, Serge & Moreaux, Michel & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2004.
"Measuring Economies of Vertical Integration in Network Industries: an Application to the Water Sector,"
IDEI Working Papers
255, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Garcia, Serge & Moreaux, Michel & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2007. "Measuring economies of vertical integration in network industries: An application to the water sector," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 791-820, August.
- Takuya Urakami, 2006. "Economies of Vertical Integration in the Japanese Water Supply Industry," ERSA conference papers ersa06p200, European Regional Science Association.
- Sergio Jara-Díaz & Francisco Ramos-Real, 2011. "The effect of output specification on the optimal policy design for electric utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 62-81, August.
- Arocena, Pablo, 2008. "Cost and quality gains from diversification and vertical integration in the electricity industry: A DEA approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 39-58, January.
- Huang, Haifang & Tang, Yao, 2013. "How Did Exchange Rates Affect Employment in US Cities?," Working Papers 2013-7, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Carlos Pestana Barros, 2008.
"Identification of Segments of Thermo Energy Plants with a Latent Class Model,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2008/16, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Carlos Pestana Barros, 2008. "Identification of Segments of Thermo Energy Plants with a Latent Class Model," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/11, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Pablo Arocena, 2005. "The measurement of scope, scale and diversification economies: How (in)efficient is electricity restructuring and unbundling?," Working Papers 2005/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Niamh McCarthy, 2005. "Market Size, Market Structure & Market Power in the Irish Electricity Industry," Papers WP168, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Arcos, Angel & de Toledo, Pablo Alvarez, 2009. "An analysis of the Spanish electrical utility industry: Economies of scale, technological progress and efficiency," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 473-481, May.
- Fetz, Aurelio & Filippini, Massimo, 2010. "Economies of vertical integration in the Swiss electricity sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1325-1330, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.