Measuring risk in the mining sector with ARCH models with important observations on sample size
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Empirical Finance.
Volume (Year): 3 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1985. "Portfolio Crowding-out, Empirically Estimated," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(5), pages 1041-65, Supp..
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1978. "The Current Status of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 885-901, June.
- Schwert, G. William, 1983. "Size and stock returns, and other empirical regularities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 3-12, June.
- French, Kenneth R. & Schwert, G. William & Stambaugh, Robert F., 1987. "Expected stock returns and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 3-29, September.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-31, February.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Akgiray, Vedat, 1989. "Conditional Heteroscedasticity in Time Series of Stock Returns: Evidence and Forecasts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 55-80, January.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "A multivariate generalized ARCH approach to modeling risk premia in forward foreign exchange rate markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 309-324, September.
- Friedman, Benjamin M, 1985. "The Effect of Large Government Deficits on Interest Rates and Equity Returns," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 58-71, Spring.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1985. "Crowding Out or Crowding In? Evidence on Debt-Equity Substitutability," NBER Working Papers 1565, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Mckenzie, Michael D., 1998. "The impact of exchange rate volatility on Australian trade flows," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Kasman, Adnan & Kasman, Saadet, 2008. "The impact of futures trading on volatility of the underlying asset in the Turkish stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(12), pages 2837-2845.
- Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Fry, Tim R. L., 2001. "GARCH modelling of individual stock data: the impact of censoring, firm size and trading volume," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 215-222, June.
- Faff, Robert W. & Hodgson, Allan & Saudagaran, Shahrokh, 2002. "International cross-listings towards more liquid markets: the impact on domestic firms," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 365-390.
- Susan Ryan & Andrew C. Worthington, 2002. "Time-Varying Market, Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risk in Australian Bank Portfolio Stock Returns: A Garch-M Approach," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 112, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- R. D. Brooks & R. W. Faff & M. McKenzie, 2002. "Time varying country risk: an assessment of alternative modelling techniques," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 249-274.
- McKenzie, Michael D. & Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ho, Yew Kee, 2000. "Exploring the economic rationale of extremes in GARCH generated betas The case of U.S. banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 85-106.
- Tse, Chin-Bun & Rodgers, Timothy & Niklewski, Jacek, 2014. "The 2007 financial crisis and the UK residential housing market: Did the relationship between interest rates and house prices change?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 518-530.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.